03

One thing that everyone knows what Phuwin good at is studying. I'm gonna use that talent of mine to carry out my Love Spark Mission. Last mission backfired. I feel really bad hence I done my studies. I bought all the bestselling romance books that I can find on the store, read it all and make notes from it. There were also further research on the internet. I spent all nighter in front of the screen to plan out my strategies. 

The second mission in Love Spark Mission is a romantic dinner celebrating his upcoming birthday. Back when we started dating, I  used to feel the butterflies whenever Pond invited me for dinner. Though the dinner was merely eating in a small street stall without proper air conditioning and fancy cutleries, it still made me giddy for weeks after that.  Sometimes, we do eat out at a fancy restaurant during anniversaries, birthdays or celebrating our achievements in life. It's not the place or the choice of food that matter in creating our love memories but the time that I spent with him is what matter. No matter how bad the day is, if I'm with him it will always gonna be the best day. 

"Hello love, what you do?"

"Hello dear. Hey, I'm sorry currently I'm in 5 minutes break of an important meeting. Can I call you later?"

"No no, its okay. I just want to remind you to clear up your schedule on  1st February next week or at least clear up for a dinner with me"

"Yeah.. Yeah sure, I gotta go."

Wow! That's fast. At least he noted my request. Let's do more research and surveying for perfect dinner then Phu!  Getting all energise to study and plan out a better strategy this time. Im not gonna flunk again.

..................................................1st February............................................................................

Today is the day.   I'm gonna make sure that my plan will work out just fine. It took me more than two weeks to plan out his birthday dinner. That's took me a lot of effort. I even do some taste test before deciding which restaurants are better for the dinner. Not to mention all those sleepless night I had done, staying late at night to make sure that today gonna work out amazing. Neo told me that I went over board of it, almost like I'm planning for a marry proposal.  Little that he knows that if it cost me Pond Naravit, I'm willing more than that. 

Planning a surprised was so tiring. I'm always feel very anxious that he gonna know what I'm up to. I'm afraid that if he calls, I'm gonna slip it out of my mouth as I'm very excited about it. Luckily, Pond was so busy these past few weeks; he rarely calls me and reply to texts. He also didn't question whenever I'm not visiting him in his apartment. His drives in doing the best for his work amazed me. Thats the price that I had to pay when loving a hardworking man as Pond. Its a blessing, I know that he care about me though he was very busy.

This event gonna start with me waiting for Pond at the restaurant approved by Michelin star that I had booked several days before. I told Pond to clear his schedule out for this dinner to happen. Then we're gonna enjoy the food on the roof while stargazing. Damn, that's gonna be hella romantic. Not only that I'm also booked the whole rooftop just for us. I hired the best event interior designer to decorate the place with fresh flowers that compliment the orange theme. Pond's favourite colour. After dinner, we're going to take a ride all over the city in the limousine and enjoy watching the city's lights. It's the start of the Valentine month, I'm sure the city will be decorated with beautiful lights.  Then, we're gonna check-in into a 5 stars hotel and continue being lovey-dovey with just the two of us. The next day, I'm gonna bring Pond to his hometown and we're gonna spend the whole weekend with his family. Isn't it lovely?

I'm so excited and I badly wants this dinner to run smoothly therefore, I arrived at the restaurant 30 mins earlier than the time that I asked my boyfriend to come. 

30 mins passed Pond still not here, I'm gonna refrain calling him. Maybe he stucks with the traffic and I don't want him to rush that could be dangerous. 

40 mins passed Pond still not here, I sent him a text reminding the dinner.

1 hour passed Pond still not here, I starting to get frantic. Is he ok? Did something happen? I call him multiple times it didn't went through.

1 hour and 30 mins passed Pond still not here, 'The person you have dialled is not answering, please leave a message after this beeep....' That's my 15 missed calls.

2 hours passed Pond still not here, 50 missed calls and frantic back and forth walks. 

3 hours passed Pond still not here, I'm starting to cry, just what the hell happen? I couldn't even call his colleagues.

4 hours passed Pond still not here, 100 missed calls and the restaurant manager asks if I want him to pack the food.

5 hours passed Pond still not here, 150 missed calls and the restaurant workers pack up all the decorations for closing. I just cancelled the limousine ride. The waiter loaded all the boxed foods in my car.

2 a.m, I frantically drives to his apartment. There was no one at home. I'm so worried, what happen? Where is he? Is he going back to his parent? No way, his parent knows that I'm gonna have dinner with him. Is he involved in an accident?

2.30 a.m, I called 2 nearest hospitals asking for recent accidents admitted to the emergency room. None is Pond. Should I call the police?

3.15 a.m the living door open, Pond stumbles in the house looking heavily intoxicated. 

'Gosh! Pond what happen?'

'Oh! Phu, you're here? No wonder the lights are on' Dunk answered while struggling to hold Pond by his shoulder. Dunk is not that sober too. 

'Thank you for bringing him safely home, but what happen?'

'We throw a surprised party for his birthday'

'What? Didn't he told you that he have appointment with me?'

'Well.. I'm not sure' Dunk said while helping Pond to lay down in his sofa.

'So... are you his roommate? I don't remember Pond telling me that he has a roommate'

'What? No I'm not his roommate. Are you ok to go back? or are you gonna crash here too?'

'Well no, don't worry about me. I'll take Grab car to go back'

'Ok then, careful on your way back'

'Yeah, bye Phu' Dunk wave me while stumbling his way out of the apartment.

I just keep looking at Pond laying unconscious on the sofa. What the hell happen here? Did he forget our appointment? I can't ask him now, he's too wasted to be left alone. I just take care of him the rest of the night. Change his clothes, wipe him up, guide him to toilet to throw up. I took care of the love of my life dearly but my heart keep on throbbing. Throbbing painfully. Its so painful that it makes my eyes tear up and my mind numb. My heart aches, aches and aches.