Chapter 91:

"I beg your pardon?" All her Purple Cloaks turned sharply to her at that statement.

Dahlia sent a prayer to Kalaraja that that was not a giant before gesturing for her Purple Cloaks to follow her. Their cloaks were now a dusty purple, rather than the vibrant color before, but there wasn't time to change that. They turned the corner and came face to face with half a dozen death eaters.

Adrian's breath hitched behind her, and a sinking feeling pooled in her gut. Whoever these Death Eaters were, her Purple Cloaks knew them.

"Dumbledore's brat!" One of them drew their wands, the mask and robes obscuring the man's identity from her. "The Dark Lord is looking for you."

"Tell him to look harder then," Dahlia answered coldly, wand twitching in her hand. She scanned the corridor past them, seeing the Order forces pushing the Death Eater forces out and into the courtyard.

The Death Eater found her comment comical, swinging around to his friends with a hollow chuckle, "He said she had a mouth on her, didn't he?"

"Wonder what else that mouth does," one of the other Death Eaters cackled evilly. Dahlia opened her mouth to retort, but before she could do anything Draco had yanked his hood down and stepped forward.

He gave the Death Eaters one second to process who he was before he struck, and Dahlia didn't think she'd ever seen such graceful violence in her entire life. His wand curved through the air, a golden spell striking the frontmost Death Eater. It struck him in the throat, slicing his neck.

Blood squirted from his throat all over the floor, splattering Dahlia's shoes. His body hadn't even hit the ground before Draco had spun around and struck two more with Killing Curses. One stepped forward to attack, and with a simple wave of his non-wand hand Draco snapped that man's neck.

The man who had made the vile comment turned on his heel and started to run, but Draco stunned him, watching him crash to the ground. The other Death Eater was cowering now, and Draco barely spared him a moment's notice. A green light flashed and the man fell to the ground lifeless.

The whole ordeal was over in a matter of five seconds, or so Dahlia thought. Draco trucked over to where his stunned captive had fallen. He kicked the wand roughly from the man's hand, unstunning him and dragging him up by his robes.

Draco gripped the man's face tightly in his hand, rearing back and punching him across the face. He buried the tip of the wand in the man's jugular, digging it into his flesh until he gargled for breath.

"Her mouth does godly things," Draco growled in the Death Eater's ear, "And it has no business being on your mind."

With that, he drew his wand across the Death Eater's throat like a knife. No blood spilled, rather it was like a ghostly, wispy form leaked from the man like Draco had drained the man of his life itself. The Death Eater collapsed on the ground, lifeless, and paler than a sheet as the dark milky substance dispersed into nothing.

Dahlia gaped at Draco as he stood, dusting his hands off and glancing back to her. Theo and Blaise were speechless, flanking Dahlia on either side. They watched Draco with wide eyes, and for a moment no one could speak.

And then Pansy said, "You think you could teach me that last spell?"

"Draco!" Dahlia gasped. Draco winced, anticipating a sharp remark to control his magic or that had been overkill for the comment. Her expression slowly changed, and what she said was so far off the mark from what he thought she was going to say that he could do nothing but gawk.

"Leave some for the rest of us next time."

Dahlia blew past him, but the lingering, longing look she gave him as she passed had him collecting his senses and scrambling after her.