Chapter 2:

"But Albus!" Dahlia Dumbledore stormed around the headmaster's office, waving her hands around angrily. She had grown into a pretty girl, having just celebrated fifteen years as his ward. She'd inherited her mother's looks, except her hair was dark, falling in ringlets past her shoulders."I want to attend Hogwarts, not just live hidden here!"

Dumbledore observed his ward fondly, curious at her outbreak. She was usually a calm, reserved child. "There is too much at stake; if anyone - student or professor - were to find out about your... abilities... it would cause questions that we cannot answer."

Dahlia whirled about, anger flashing in her amber eyes. The magic in the room crackled to life, springing to the tips of her fingers. "Cannot answer? Or won't?" She challenged, glaring indignantly at her guardian

Dumbledore opened his mouth to speak, but his ward cut him off again. Her usually tame hair was wild today, dark loose curls pointing at odd angles. Her amber eyes flashed dangerously. The perfect image of her mother - except for her hair - but she didn't know that.

"I cannot live my life hidden in the castle, Albus. It is more suspicious for me to remain hidden than it does for me to join classes as any other student!" Dahlia's amber eyes were filled with tears as she spoke with conviction. "Do you know how hard it has been for me to stay locked away the past three years with Harry Potter and his friends running around? How long honestly do you think until he finds out about the Room of Requirement? What other prison will you come up with to lock me in?" She threw herself into a chair at the end of her outburst, crossing her arms over her chest and glaring at the older wizard in front of her. Tears threatened to spring into her eyes but she fought them back.

Albus said nothing, just observed the young witch in front of him. She had grown into a beautiful young woman at fifteen. He had raised her as his ward, and as she grew older he began to notice certain... abilities she possessed that were stronger than the typical witch or wizard. Dumbledore thought back to the time Madam Hooch had taken her to the quidditch field one night about a year ago. Dahlia had fallen from her broom, but much to the surprise of himself and Madam Hooch she continued to fly... without a broom in a way known only to a few select wizards. Dumbledore's brow wrinkled at the thought. The ability to fly, without magic devices, was extremely difficult to master. Something that should be well beyond the ability of what would have been a third year student. What concerned him most was one day he had taken her on an excursion when she was eight, and she was resting under a tree. She lay on her stomach, her feet swinging in the air as her chin rested on her hands. When Albus approached her, he saw that she seemed to be having a conversation, only he couldn't see who it was. As he drew nearer, he noticed a Maledictus curled before her, it's head lifted. Albus's first instinct was to run for the child. Maledicti were known for their vicious behavior, as well as their dangerous venom. Before he could reach Dahlia, however, he realized that Dahlia was conversing with the snake. He had strained his ears trying to hear her words, but all that reached his ears was raspes. Until it hit him: She was speaking parseltongue.

Ever since that day, Dumbledore had made sure he had taken the young girl under his wing for all magic supervision. He'd found extreme brilliance in her mind, and her powers far out matched that of her peers. Those situations, combined with other strange things that had occurred through the years had him nervous to allow her to join a class of her peers; especially with the complicated situation of her birth.

"Well?" His young ward's voice broke him out of his reverie. "May I take classes?"

Dumbledore tapped his fingers against his desk for a moment before speaking slowly. She was right on one aspect; he couldn't keep her locked away for her entire life. She had shown extreme reserve and control this past year, and with her unknowing her past she would likely blend in with the other students, therefore maintaining the -