The Meet

"That's pretty much everybody except one person.Come with me so I can show you to your room.Hope you liked the tour and the people.Mostly everybody is friendly and will try to get to know you.You can feel free to walk around the place and check out the different floors and rooms.I know you'll want your space but your going to be on the top floor with me, Sam,Nat,and Wanda.Let's head up to your room so you can settle in.The others won't bother you or invade your privacy I promise you just gotta get to know them so you can see how harmless they are."

That's my best friend Steve for ya.He just rescued me from Hydra and stabilized me for the most part and by that I mean he slowly eased me into the modern world and got me used to how different things were now.I didn't understand or like all of it but it would take some getting used to before I changed my mind.He rescued me a few months ago and worked with me until he felt I was ready to transition into meeting his friends and living at this "Avengers Compound"to get used to being around people and modern living.

Everybody seemed nice that I met but I still wondered what he meant by "mostly"everybody is nice.Is one of the people I met not nice or something cause if so I couldn't tell.I didn't speak much just a nod or small grunt and handshake to say hi.I wasn't big on human contact or just people in general so this would be an interesting situation to get used to.

We rode this thing he called an elevator up to the 12th floor and stood in awkward silence on the way up for the most part. "Steve what did you mean when you said mostly everybody is friendly?"He gave me a puzzled grin then quickly answered "Oh slip of the tongue I meant nothing by that.Don't worry about it." He brushed it off like it was nothing so I just dropped the conversation.We hopped off the elevator and walked down a hall then stopped in front of a door.He tried to open the door but it was locked and wouldn't budge.He mumbled something under his breathe then turned to the door across from the one we were standing in front of.

He knocked twice then said "Kid if your still alive and breathing then give the door two small kicks and unlock it.Bucky's room door is locked and I need you to open it.You know I wouldn't bother you unless it was important.I'll leave you alone after this if you meet Bucky."I heard someone kick the door two small times then open it as we stepped inside.We stepped a small way in then something invisible blocked us from going further.Steve sighed as he scanned the room for someone.The room was a calming shade of light pink and so was the bed and the few decorations on the wall.They were pictures of beaches and grassy fields.There were a few stuffed animals on the bed but no pictures of who the room belonged to.

It looked like a child's room with a small desk opposite of the bed and a closet on one side and a huge window with closed pink curtains over them.There was a bathroom near the closet and a neatly organized box of different things next to the dresser drawer.It looked like art supplies,meditation items,sewing kit,a schedule book and other stuff I didn't recognize.

"Kid I know your in here now come on out please I really want you to meet Bucky then unlock his room door.You know I wouldn't bring anyone around you that you can't trust. He's my best friend and theirs no one I trust more."

Suddenly a kid appear out of thin air on the other side of the room.She's about 5 foot 3 and 1/2 with curly black hair down to her shoulders with beautiful brown eyes and glasses.She had on black jean leggings with a light pink shirt and small jacket on.She backed away from us further as I noticed her legs tapping the ground really fast,her shaking hands,and her avoiding eye contact.She back up against a wall and stayed there until Steve finally spoke to break the silence.

"Bucky this is Brittany,me and Tony found her wandering the streets two years ago and found out she has powers when we tried to talk to her and help her which caused her to freak out and her hands to light on fire.She has unlimited cosmic powers and is an absolute loner.The entire time she's been here she has spent most of her time either in her room or walking around when the rest of us are doing other stuff to avoid as much human contact as possible.She never gave us a last name or where she's from and doesn't talk much at all. She will be the least of your worries and she has extreme trust issues.Start trying to get to know her and she nails you to the wall with daggers.She's done that to me before so be careful around her.She's quiet and a loner so you two should get along great.Brittany this is my friend Bucky he has the room across from yours."

"Hi doll Brittany is a gorgeous name it fits you. I'll stay out of your way cause I'm a quiet loner too if I'm being honest and I don't do a whole lot of talking or human contact either.I just wander by myself or stay in my room."

I gave her a small wave which she returned and stepped cautiously and slowly closer towards us.She let the invisible barrier down and floated off the ground to my room.She pulled a key out of her pocket and stuck it in the door to unlock it.The door opened a second later and we all stepped inside.The room was modeled and decorated to look like the 40's.The room was green and blue with splashes of yellow which I found comforting.There were pictures of me and Steve back in the day pre-serum all over the walls and a record player with 40's music playing.The bed was a similar color to the walls and there was even a scrapbook of old pictures of me and Steve on it along with two small teddy bears that looked like me and Steve from the 40's.One was a limp spaghetti noddle looking bear that was Steve and an Army one with dog tags and a Velcro metal arm piece that was me.

The room looked similar to Brittany's room in setup yet it was so me.The drawers were full of clothes for me and old tokens of the past which made me feel welcomed.Some of me and Steve's old sayings were written on the wall like "1.Don't do anything stupid until I get back. How can I when your taking all the stupid with you. 2.I can do this all day. 3.I thought I told you to stay out of trouble. 4.I'm with you till the end of the line."Stuff like that and other sayings.My name was hand drawn and decorated above my headboard.It was my full name and my nickname.There were old movies and shows I used to watch,family photo books, my old uniform and dog tags,and a framed photo of me and Steve as kids along with other stuff.

I turned to Steve and hugged him as tears poured from my eyes. "Thank you so much Steve I really needed this."He looked at me confused and said "Buddy I didn't do this.I was going to let you decorate this place yourself but clearly someone got it set up for you."We both looked at Brittany who's eyes and hair started glowing slight pink as she gave a small head nod then headed to her room.I watched her close the door then turned back to my room. This room reminded me so much of the my old life and I loved it.I'm not sure how she knew how to decorate my room but I loved it a whole lot.