Chapter 12

---------------------> THE ROYAL BLUE VELVET CURTAINS of the Ravenclaw tower had been thrown open, allowing the setting sunlight to stream into the Common Room

---------------------> THE ROYAL BLUE VELVET CURTAINS of the Ravenclaw tower had been thrown open, allowing the setting sunlight to stream into the Common Room. In the time just before night, the enchanted stars shining in the ceiling glittered brighter, but Tom—in his humble, unbiased opinion—found the magic in Artemis' eyes superior in beauty.

New questions had been scribbled with chalk on the blackboards, and Tom waited for Artemis to finish writing an answer to one of them.

Then, she joined him, and together, they made for the main area of the Common Room, which was littered with blue sofas, bronze armchairs and wooden tables filled with notebooks, bookmarks, ink pots, quills, chocolates and cups of half-filled coffee.

Artemis fished out a sherbet lemon from one of the sweet containers before her eyes zeroed on a boy with fire for hair.

"Hey, Bilius!" Artemis waved at the Gryffindor, holding the sherbet lemon between her index and middle fingers.

"Hello, Artemis," greeted Bilius, wearing a smile like it was his favourite outfit after approaching them. "Hello, Riddle."

"Good evening, Prewett," returned Tom.

Artemis rolled her eyes at their interaction and swivelled to Bilius. "Want me to get Rome for you?"

"I already met him, he went up to get his poetry book down."

"Ah," Understanding dawned in Artemis' eyes. "Are you participating as well?"

"I am," answered Bilius, bouncing on his feet giddily. "We were generally discouraged from going to other houses' common rooms, so I've never done anything like this before. I didn't even know Gryffindors were free to enter the Ravenclaw tower before Roman told me."

"A lot of people strangely don't know that we welcome anyone who gets past the eagle knocker with open arms." She snickered as she stole a glance at Tom, who scowled. "It's a shame, truly. It's fun when loads of people participate."

Bilius grinned, agreeing, and proceeding to ask, "Are you participating in poetry night also?"

Artemis contemplated his question before eventually nodding her head. "I think so. I do have patrols, though, so I reckon I'll be missing a chunk of it."

Bilius patted her arm. "Don't worry. I'll tell you everything you'll miss in such great detail, it'll be like you were there the entire time."

Artemis smiled at him, soft and warm like melting snow. "Thank you. I appreciate it." Then, she turned to Tom, explaining, "We're having poetry night later today. There's no particular rules or anything. People either recite their own poems or ones that are already written, and we have discussions on our interpretations of them. There's also snacks and drinks. Non-alcoholic, unfortunately, because Professor Flitwick supervises and we're supposed to maintain a good impression." Artemis' voice exhibited her disagreement and disapproval. "It's still super fun, though. You could attend if you'd like."