Chapter 6

_

The first thing I felt was a relaxing chill breeze dancing over my face and hair. Slowly blinking my eyes open, spots of light were appearing and disappearing in the black void of my view. For a second, I was sure I was a goner and that my soul was sent straight to hell. After what I did to George's house, I wouldn't even have a right to complain about that. But I was proved wrong as my eyes fluttered open and were met with morning sunlight. I laughed forward with my eyes wide and inhaled an absurd amount of oxygen, like I have been stripped from it for years. My lungs felt so empty and dry. Water. I need water.

I reached for my bag and took a water bottle, drinking all of its contents. I sighed as the wet water hit my mouth and coated my dry throat. I opened my eyes and looked out of my tent. The zip was opened. I shook my head realizing something. How did I get into my tent?! I glanced at the sheet now placed over my lap. Wait. How am I even alive?!

I started to touch my body and move my clothes, only to see that the black withered spots were gone. Unfortunately, reaching to check my neck, I felt a scar-like thing on the place of the once-blackened spot.

Then my mind drifted to something, or rather someone else.

Dream.

He was here yesterday! He-he saved me. What even happened? My memory was totally foggy.

I stood up and walked out of the tent. The sun was just above the horizon, making the sky various colors of yellow, orange and blue. Sunrises were special here because the exact East was towards the ocean so the water looked like it was filled with shimmering gemstones.

Sighing out of the frustration, I realized that, since I didn't have a cauldron, I had to go back to that river place I found yesterday. Yesterday? Was it even yesterday? How long was I out?

After the morning walk to my new secret water-finding-place, I returned to the beach fully refreshed and showered.

And to my surprise, I wasn't alone.

I just stood in place staring at the man in front of me. This time I didn't see his mask in a way where that smile would mock me but instead I saw through it. At the man who helped me. It felt like he was a ghost when looking at him. Did he really save my life?

We were just staring at each other for who knows how long until he spoke.

"How are you feeling?" It came out soft and gentle but firm, it almost sounded like he cared.

Blinking away my confusion and breaking out of my daze I walked towards the beach past him. Sitting on the sand, I tapped beside me, inviting him. He sat down, as we both directed our gazes at the rising sun.

"Surprisingly, good. How can I not, I escaped death."

Turning my head to him I softly smiled. "Thanks to you."

I could feel him smiling underneath that mask of his also, until he stiffened. While confusion was obvious on my face, he couldn't care less, for at that moment all colors in the sky got together to create a special kind of lighting behind me. Shades of blue, orange, pink and yellow illuminated outlines of my face while my hair danced in the wind. But to his surprise, I caught him staring for too long.

"Dream?

Is everything alright?"

My voice broke him out of his daze as he slightly shook his head and cleared his throat. If that damn mask was off, his face would definitely be red now.

"It's nothing. It was the least I could do." He murmured, fake-coughing into his fist.

I giggled, looking at the sun again. He was so cute, all embarrassed and all.