3

There has always been a variety of Gods.

No pantheon had an absolute god. There was always a catch or a specific requirement for each position of the gods.

Though, I suppose the ones from beyond are an exception.

But, in the end, it comes down to the fact that each god has a specific role that they cannot leave.

Or better yet, one that they can't afford to leave.

------------------------------------------------

It has been many years since Nerval left Uruk. He did not have a specific destination in mind, but he still knew where he must go to find his answer and accomplish another agenda while he was at it.

From the knowledge he gained upon birth, Nerval believed was getting close to a mountain called Olympus, where the Greek gods reside. He was currently on one of the islands at the edges of the land.

The place he was walking appeared to be a mixture of a forest and the ruins of an old temple ground. While there were no buildings, there were plenty of pillars and handmade stone constructs such as seats and walls.

Nerval was looking around, taking in the odd scenery of the place while also searching for something. He was not only looking for a purpose this time, but something different.

Looking upwards, he searched the ones from beyond again, ignoring their agitated looks, and as he feared, one of them was missing. He doubted that they died, for he believed 'death' was a very mundane concept for their kind.

Nerval stopped looking upwards when he sensed the existence of a divine being close by. He raised an eyebrow in confusion as he didn't believe that he was close enough to Olympas to see any of the gods yet.

Once he reached the source of the divine aura, he found a young girl, appearing almost young enough to be passed off as a child, sitting on one of the ruins, humming while swinging her legs back and forth.

She had long, bright purple hair tied into pigtails. She was wearing a somewhat transparent white dress with exotic patterns. Her hands and legs were covered with silver jewellery, and her eyes looked an odd pale purple.

"Oh my," the young girl stopped her humming as she saw Nerval, looking at him with a tilted head. "Did Meduseless let one in? Honestly, I can't leave her alone for a moment," she said, shaking her head.

Nerval merely raised an eyebrow at what the girl said, confused at what she was talking about. He can sense divinity from her, despite it being rather weak, but it was definitely the mark of a divine being.

"Oh well, I guess I have to punish her later," the girl shrugged her shoulders. She then put a hand on her chin and smiled. "Now, why don't you kill yourself?" The way she said it was that of a command rather than a question.

Nerval felt an aura pass through him, but it was easily ignored. Then he understood what the girl was doing. She was using her divine authority to make him follow her command, which meant her authority was akin to commanding others.

"Your authority does not work on me," Nerval commented sternly, ready to fight the girl should she keep showing hostility.

The girl's eyes widen and fear starts creeping up her face. However, she seemed to relax a moment later. "Oh, I see. You're a god, aren't you?" She asked and Nerval nodded. "Ah, that explains it. Your weird presence hid that from me. I don't recognise you, though."

"I do not come from the Greek Pantheon or any of their gods' bloodlines," Nerval explained. While he had no reason to answer the girl, but he preferred to keep things civil if possible.