1. My professor

an: the start of a new story!! hope you enjoy it,, i'll try and update often but if i can't then i apologise. <3

'Miss y/l/n, I'd like you to stay after class if you wouldn't mind,' Professor Black said as she walked away from my desk. My grades had been slipping recently, mostly because I couldn't focus in class as I'd barely been getting any sleep due to overthinking. My grades weren't just skipping in Professor Black's lessons though, it was every single one of them. Most professors had been concerned for me, but didn't really care about what was going on in my mind and just shouted at me for it.

This was the second time now Professor Black had asked me to stay back after class to talk. She was the only professor that seemed to actually care about what I had going on which was quite a surprise as she torments every student she teaches. She seemed to have a little soft spot for me but I never really thought much of it.

I couldn't lie, I did develop a little emotional attachment to her. This was purely because she was the only one that really cared about me. I didn't have any other friends than Mione as I never got on with anyone else. This was my last year at hogwarts so it was vital that I actually tried, although I was pretty sure that wasn't happening very soon.

Minutes passed and it was finally the end of the lesson. I had been daydreaming but still completing my work, just not paying much attention. All the students stood up and were dismissed, but as for me I stayed sat down. Professor Black stood up from her chair and walked over to me. She grabbed one of the other chairs from around the side of the table and pulled it next to me, sitting down and once again looking concerned.

"Are you okay love? You seem to be really distracted, even more than you were last time we had a chat." Love? I sat there in silence with butterflies in my stomach. I had to be honest, I did have a little thing for her. She was very gorgeous and always so nice to me.

"I'm fine," I responded, my lip trembling and my words not convincing the older woman sat next to me. The look she gave me pretty much said 'I know you're not fine.'

"Sweetheart, I can't help you if you don't tell me the truth." The pet names were giving me immense butterflies in my stomach as I glared up at this woman's beauty. Deep down, this woman was such a softie, not just a strict and tormenting professor.

"If you don't want to talk about it that's okay, but it won't get better if you don't start speaking. I'm only here to help you, I would never judge you in any way, your problems are valid and I'm here for you darling." The truth was, you genuinely just felt completely awful, like you had no purpose. Life was so boring, you did the same thing every day and it was like a constant loop that you couldn't get out of.

"Thank you, Ms. Black. I really appreciate it. I'm just not feeling great at the moment, everything is the same every day and I'm really getting quite bored of it. I don't think I really have much of a purpose so I guess I'm sort of losing all hope." God. I never talk but there was something there, just something about her that helped me to actually tell her.

"Oh God honey. I'm so sorry that you feel like that. I know what you feel like, I went through a similar thing when I was your age but.. It gets better, and I can promise you that. You just have to keep going to get there. I know it's hard but I'm here for you love."

"Thank you so much," I replied, standing up and grabbing my bag. As I stood up, the older woman grabbed my wrist, pulling me back down to my chair.

"Just before you go, I know you're behind in class and I was wondering if you would like me to tutor you some time? I can help you catch up with the work, it'll just be me and you." Oh this was an offer I couldn't turn down. Of course, nothing would come of it but just being in this woman's company made me feel better.

"That would be great, Ms. Black. Once again, thank you so much." She's actually so beautiful, I thought to myself, then quickly snapping back from my thoughts. There she was right before my eyes just staring me down. Her dark curls cascaded over her bare shoulders and over the front of her black, short dress with her cleavage standing out, her breasts raised by the black laced corset that she had on.

"No problem, darling. Are you free tonight? You could come over to my manor and I can help you study for the test on Monday?" she kindly asked, with a look that I couldn't say no to. Plus, I needed this. I was so behind and a low test score is the last thing I need right now.

"Okay. I'll come at 6pm if that's okay?"

"Yes, that's great. I'll apparate to get you at 6." I stood up and grabbed my things, turning around to walk out the door. "Oh and, just a piece of advice, you should learn to protect your thoughts." She said, looking up from her desk and smirking at me. Shit. My face heated up and my cheeks went bright red.

"I- See you later." I quickly said, running out of the door in embarrassment. She heard every single bit of me describing her beauty in my head. I was fucked, or so I thought, thinking about the smirk she gave me just before I ran out of the classroom.