chapter 2: separate

1 year have past…

The final exam has come. This exam will decide your primary school. As usual the top 200 student will go to the best school, Academia. To promote to this school, not only you need to master fighting skill, and your study like history.

Since the accident, you became friend with Xiao and always hang out with him. Today you have recess with Xiao as usual.

Xiao: have you prepare for next week exam?

Y/N: ya. It going to be hard to get to top 200

Xiao: woah you going to Academia. I heard of that school is strict.

Y/N: well, that is the best school to improve my fighting skill.

Xiao: hmm… True

The girl group walk toward you.

Xiao: look is them.

You remain silence

Leader: long time no see ugly face. Look like there a scar on you face. That is bad… Hahaha. See you at the battle exam loser.

The girl group walk away. You were mad, very mad. You want to kill them, but… it will against the law. Xiao saw your face. He worries you and he pat your shoulder…

Y/N: DIE(scream)

Xiao shocked

Xiao: are you alright?

He is very worried about you. You think you scared him and you quickly apologies to him

Y/N: I am so so sorry

Xiao: it is ok. You look very mad at them. What are you going to do?

Y/N: I will have my revenge. Very soon.

You said it with confidence. Xiao smile and speak

Xiao: you will…

Exam is here and all the student very hardworking for this exam. The battle exam has come. The teacher will random pick 2 student to a battle. At Xiao turn, he uses a green spear as weapon. He ends the battle very quick. Next one, teacher called my name and the leader of that girl group.

Leader: I will make you lose, ugly face.

She said with a very confidence and an evil smile.

Y/N: well, let see about that.

Your eyes turn red, red as crimson blood moon. The battle has begun. The girl is a pyro archer and will your ice. She shoots multiple burning arrow to you, you make a bunch an ice to block the arrow and dodge away. It been 5 minutes when the battle begins. You feel some dark power from, suddenly she stops her attack.

Leader: I think you know who I am

She transforms into a demon. Her skin become a beast fur with sharp at the ending at the fur. She is a beast demon. Beast demon, as known as Garland. Garland have strong power that can have enough power to crush a city. You still feel her soul but after the transformation, the soul of leader of the girl group have been eaten by the demon. Because of her greedy and evil thought. You take you katana, butterfly killer.

Garland: is time to come home, my princess.

Y/N: I am not princess. I will banish every demon in the world… for peace

You hold your katana vertical in front of your face.

Y/N: butterfly art… Past and Future

Past and future is a form of buttery art that you control the time. Using this form, it looks like you are walking normally but in other people eyes, you walk with a blink of an eyes. When you going to put katana to the cover

Garland: no starch, what a shame

Y/N: are you sure

You put the katana to the cover. Lots of butterfly turn into a shadow and strike the demon. Garland was stunned and fell.

Garland: that katana… is from the butterfly races… how you get it…

Y/N: why you need to know…

You slash the demon head at it fell to the ground. You body cover with demon blood, eyes are like wanted to kill everyone. A student stands out and said… Monster…

The exam has past two week and the result are out. You manage to get top 200 while Xiao is at Top 500.

Y/N: sorry for you not getting to top 200

Xiao: is ok, at least I have you as a friend.

Y/N: you won’t forget me, right?

Xiao: I won’t

End of the year… you have gone to academia. You both separate for 8 years…