Chapter 8

The match has ended, and the players headed back into the locker room for a short debrief. Needless to say, SSOTS High has won this year's competition again. Well, if you were wondering, the match started during the holidays and only ended around this period of time.

The four best friends stood up and got ready to go home. But before that, Yuri tugged on Minju's hand which made the latter turn to look at her.

"What?" Minju asked while turning to look at Yuri. Yuri then tilted her head while frowning. She told the couple that she and Minju would be going first which they nodded. Yuri didn't say anything and just dragged Minju along with her. Minju was too exhausted from the overwhelming feelings eating her up earlier and just let the shorter do whatever she wants.

They reached the entrance of the locker room. Once Minju saw where she was, she quickly shook her head and gave Yuri wide eyes, desperate to leave. Yuri smirked as the players started to come out of the locker room one by one while carrying their bags, heading home. Yuri quickly spotted Yena, and the latter ran towards her hamster with Yujin tailing behind. Yujin was folding her towel on the way out and didn't notice Minju was standing beside Yuri.

The moment her eyes met with Minju's; the brunette diverted her eyes away shyly. Yuri then pulled Yena away from Yujin and whispered into Minju's ear.

"Have fun~" She teased and left with Yena. Now, the two are just standing in front of each other. Without saying a word, Yujin grabbed Minju's hand and led her to the football field so the atmosphere wouldn't be so tense. After all, the confession she made earlier has perhaps flustered Minju, so she thought it would be better to go to an open area to talk it out.

Once they reached the football field, Yujin gestured for Minju to sit on one of the benches. They were engulfed with silence, only hearing the pounding of their own hearts. Yujin took in a deep breath before starting to speak.

"Look, I know you heard about the rumour about Wonyoung. Well, it's not true."

Minju looked up to face Yujin as she continued.

"Well, I-I do like you..." She looked down and blushed, making Minju feel the heat rush up to her cheeks too.

"I know it was sudden, but let me court you. You don't have to agree but it'll be great if you gave it a thought." Yujin said while looking into Minju's eyes. She could see how Minju's eyes were quivering out of nervousness perhaps. Yujin doesn't know if the latter has mutual feelings or not. Minju then felt a lump in her throat which she swallowed before opening her mouth.

"I-I'd have to think about it first."

Yujin's eyes lit up, knowing that the brunette didn't reject her straightaway. She couldn't contain herself but hug Minju which made her startled. Yujin pulled away while smiling and Minju could feel her heart melting, thinking that she probably doesn't want to think about it either. But she had to, she doesn't know how this is going to work yet. After all, it's her first time.

"It's okay, I'll wait for you," Yujin said while showing her genuine, sincere smile, making Minju smile too. They then stood up and headed home.

--

Little did they know, there was someone looking at them the whole time.

"She likes Minju?" The tall girl muttered while holding onto a can of Pocari Sweat which she planned on giving Yujin. This girl right here is none other than Jang Wonyoung.

Wonyoung was Yujin's childhood friend when Wonyoung's father invested in Ahn Incorporation. They were really close that time when they were 5. Their parents would always go out to have tea time together and such, letting their children play. But there was one day when Wonyoung's father had to take his business and expand it in the states which meant that Wonyoung left without saying a word— which means she didn't manage to tell Yujin about her feelings.