4 | Draco's Pain

Draco's Pain

•[]•[]•[]•

Harry's P.O.V

There's a long silence. I realize that I'm still holding Draco's hand and drop it quickly, feeling my cheeks flush. I look at my feet, and hope he didn't think too much of it. Speaking of Draco, though, what's he doing here anyways?

"Hey, um, Draco?" I say, not really knowing if he'll be okay with me saying his first name.

"Yeah?" Okay, so he didn't seem to mind... Or notice. Maybe he just didn't notice, and he'll get mad if I say it when he's paying more attention... Hmm... oh well.

"I know you said Dobby and, um... Er," I was trying to remember the other thing he said, "Dinkey?" He supplied. "Yeah! So Dobby and Dinkey brought you here last night, but, why? Why wouldn't they just leave you at home? And just as a side note, what's Dinkey?"

"Dinkey is another house elf at my house, and well, er... Some... Stuff happened at my house, and I guess Dinkey figured I shouldn't be around it anymore. I'm not sure exactly why they thought bringing me here of all places, was the best thing to do, but you know." He ended with a shrug and a little face as if to say 'whatever'.

"Okay, wait. So, what happened at your house?" I asked, confused. What could have happened? Draco Malfoy practically worships his father, his mother doesn't seem like she would cause any issues, and they lived in a giant Manor. What could have happened to make a house elf move a Master out of the house?

Draco looked upset. His eyebrows were furrowed together, he was biting his lips together, and his eyes- his eyes looked as though he was fighting back an onslaught of tears. He was just staring off, nowhere in particular, and trying not to cry.

I didn't think I would ever see Draco Malfoy look so vulnerable, so emotional, so broken. I grab his hand again, but I use it to pull him into a hug. I don't know what happened, but clearly it was something bad. As I hugged him, he finally let the tears fall, and soon his body was shaking with silent sobs, his face buried in my shoulder.

•[]•[]•[]•

Draco's P.O.V.

"Okay, wait. So, what happened at your house?"

I felt my mind go numb, only being able to hear those two words: Death Eater, only able to see that horrible image in my head. The red blood, staining a once beautiful white dress. And death, staining a once beautiful woman. The glass, shattered all over her, littering the floor. And my father, wand in hand, and look of satisfaction on his face. He was HAPPY. He was HAPPY he killed my mother!

I don't really remember when I started crying, or when Harry started hugging me, but it made me feel better. I wrapped my arms around him and cried into his shoulder. And he just held me. He didn't try to tell me 'everything was okay' or 'you're okay' or any of the other lies I wish were true. He just held me until my weak, exhausted body couldn't cry anymore. And for that, I was grateful.

I just stayed there, in Harry's warm hug for a while, before I finally pulled myself away from him. I took a shaky breath and wiped my face with my hands.

"Well, I suppose it's only fair. You told me, I'll tell you," I said, feeling the slight tremor in the tone of my voice, "the Dark Lord wants me to k-kill D-D-Dumbledore. He wants m-me to become a Death E-Eater." I choked out, my voice cracking more than a couple times. "A-and I don't know w-why, or w-what h-happened, but m-my father," I took a few deep breaths, I haven't said this out loud yet. It hurts so much inside my head, out loud it will probably be even worse! I felt Harry grab my hand again, and I looked at him and tried to smile. "He killed my mother." My voice split at the last syllable, and I felt my eyes prickle with tears again, but I don't let them fall.

Harry squeezes my hand, and I just look at him with sad eyes. He knows this pain, he knows what this is like. I just close my eyes and let him envelope me in another hug. I take a few deep breaths, and keep my head in the crook of his neck. He lets me.

•[]•[]•[]•

Harry's P.O.V.

I can't believe what he just told me. Voldemort wants Draco Malfoy, a sixteen year old boy, to kill Albus Dumbledore?! He's insane! Draco can't handle that kind of pressure, frig, not even Tom Riddle himself had accomplished such a thing! And he wanted Draco to do it? He was mad as a hatter!

And don't even get me started on his father! I always knew Lucius Malfoy was a vile man, cruel, and despicable, but I never would have guessed he was so heartless as to kill his own wife! I don't blame Draco for being a cold-hearted little devil all these years, if he came from that kind of a family, it would make sense!

I know what losing family is like. After losing Sirius, I know all about this feeling. I know the burning, aching, stabbing, pain that floods your chest, the slow, dreary nostalgia that encases your entire mind until there is nothing but hurt, and want, and loneliness. I know how much nothing other people say will help. So when I hug him, I don't tell him all the sweet condolences that everybody else thinks you want to hear. I just hold him, and I hug him, and I let him hurt.

Pain is the first stage of getting better. First, it hurts, then it heals, then you're almost back to the way you used to be, but never quite. It's like a scar, it will always be there as a little reminder that it isn't perfect, and it never will be the same again. But it's close enough, and you're almost whole, so you can carry on.

•[]•[]•[]•

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Okay, so this chapter was a bit shorter than the others, hopefully, most of them will be a little longer (I don't know, when fanfics have really short chapters it bothers me). So this should be the end of the really depressing conversations for a while, and the end of the endless hugging scenes, and soon we'll be getting into the real Drarry stuff. So hopefully, you've been enjoying this story so far, please vote and comment and stuff, I want to know how I'm doing with this, and if people are actually reading it and liking it🙈. If it's bad, that's okay, you can tell me that too... So... Um... Yeah. :) see you next chapter!