11 | The First Day Back

The First Day Back

•[]•[]•[]•

Harry's P.O.V

It was 3:30 in the afternoon on September 1st. The Hogwarts Express would be arriving at the castle soon, and all of the teachers had arrived already. They started showing up yesterday, and continued to come wary this morning.

Some of the professors were quite shocked to find Draco and I already at the castle, but I think they were more shocked that we hadn't killed each other. We obviously didn't act like we were dating when the teachers started showing up, but we tried to act civil with each other, like not quite friends, but not enemies either.

We slept in our own beds, in our own common rooms, and we prepared for the school year. We had decided that we would continue on acting 'civil' around the rest of the school, and try to meet up every few days or so.

•[]•[]•[]•

"Harry! What are you doing here? You weren't on the train, we thought something had happened to you!" Hermione cried, breathing a sigh of relief and grabbing me into a tight hug.

"I'll tell you what happened later, it's a bit of a long story." I replied, smirking a little with my face in her shoulder.

"Okay. God, I'm glad you're alright." She whispered, shaking her head with a smile.

"Harry, mate!" Ron grinned, pulling me in for a bro hug.

"How was your summer?" I replied once we broke apart.

"It was decent. Fred and George have been working on something massive, though. Wait until you see what they've come up with! Man, it's sick mate." He answered with his lopsided grin. I missed him, and Hermione of course. And I really wished I could tell them about Draco and I.

Speaking of Draco... Where is the sexy git? I scanned the floor for any sight of my blonde beauty, but I didn't see him anywhere. That's odd, I would have to look for him again later.

"Harry!" A high pitched voice squealed, before I felt the weight of a body hit me from behind, and tackle me in a hug. I turned around to see flaming red hair, and immediately knew it was Ginny.

"Hey, Gin! What's up?" I asked cheerfully. Seeing all of my friends had really put me in a good mood.

"I haven't seen you in ages, Harry! We didn't hear from you at all over the summer, and you weren't on the train! We thought you might have died or something! Ron went and got himself into a right panic last week! Isn't that right, Ron?" Ginny smirked, knowing her brother wouldn't want to admit about how worried he was.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I mean, yeah we were a little concerned, but not like that concerned..." Ron trailed off, his cheeks a little pink.

It was kind of amusing, but it's really touching to know that Ron cared that much about me.

Draco's P.O.V

"Was the train too mundane for you, Malfoy?" Came the shrill voice of Pansy Parkinson ringing through my ears. I hated Pansy, she was so pushy and obnoxious. She used to tease me all of the time about how I was 'such a daddy's boy', and how I couldn't be straight because of how much time I spent on my hair and how well I took care of my skin.

I mean, sure, I'm not straight, but there's no need to make me feel insecure about it. She didn't know for sure, but still. It's mean.

I rolled my eyes at Pansy, and didn't bother giving her an answer. She didn't deserve to hear my precious voice.

"I asked you a question, gay boy. Now answer it!" Pansy seethed, after pushing me against the wall of the Slytherin common room. A crowd had already begun to form around us, and people watched eagerly to see why would happen next.

"Did you not hear me, Draco? I asked if the train was too mundane for you. Daddy's little gay boy couldn't travel like the rest of us?" She whispered menacingly, her face uncomfortably close to mine.

The anticipation in the room was palpable, everybody wanted to see what would happen next.

"Yes." I replied simply, giving her a hard shove and storming past her and to my dormitory. I heard people murmuring as I walked away, but I couldn't care less. I hated almost everyone in Slytherin anyways, apart from Blaise, the rest of them were annoying, stupid, or a bit of both.

When I reached the dormitory, I saw all of my things on my bed, and the same with Crabbe's, Goyle's, and Blaise's beds. But out of the corner of my eye, I spotted something bright red.

Harry's tie I realized. I smiled fondly at the thought of Harry, but was startled out of my haziness by footsteps coming toward me, and somebody calling my name.

"Malfoy!" I heard Blaise call.

I ha two options; act natural, and hope Blaise didn't see the tie, or make a last-minute dive to hide the tie, but risk  Blaise being suspicious.

I decided to go with the second option, and launched myself at my bed, pulling the cover over myself and tucking the tie down by my feet.

"Hey, Malfoy. Are you alright mate?" Blaise asked as he turned into the doorway.

"'M fine." I mumbled, feigning annoyance.

"Mate, you know what Pansy's like, she's just trying to get under your skin." He consoled.

"First of all, that's disgusting. And second, I know she's trying to bother me, but it works. I hate Pansy." I replied bitterly, rolling over to face the wall.

"Well, the feast's due to start soon, so uh, I'll see you then I guess. It was good seeing you again though." Blaise sighed a little, and I heard him walk away from our dormitory.

I closed my eyes, and took a deep breath before getting up to go to the Great Hall for supper. The first time I would see my boyfriend this school year... Minor internal squealing. Here we go.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey guys! I said I would update over Christmas break. And I didn't. And I'm really sorry:( I was planning to write it on the last weekend of break, but I ended up taking a surprise trip to Ottawa with my fam, so I didn't get a chance to write it:(

But I made this chapter longer than usual because I felt bad

So here it is:3

Pretty please comment/vote/share this with other people<3 I love all of you guys for putting up with my awful updates

I'll see you all next chapterrr

Mwah:*