Chapter 18

Rebel looked at me with a disgusted look on his face and grimaced. I too found what I said very vulgar, and unnecessary. Though, it is the truth. "Bonded with me?" He scoffs and shook his head as he stood up and wiped away the slightly dried up blood from the bottom of his lip and placed his hands on his hips. "There ain't no damn way you bonded with me. And within a small span of days too? Ha, I doubt it," he chuckled after as if this were a joke. I couldn't blame him. "It's true...I have."

I slowly look up at his eyes and stare deeply into them with a sad expression on my face. He glared back, not knowing how to respond and only snarling his teeth. I jump from a slight touch to my shoulder, and looked back. "Master, I will handle the vamp right away." Before she could take a step toward him, my body quickly reacted and held her in place with my hand on her arm. "No...leave...him...alone..."

Ghost gave me the side eye with his left eyebrow lifted. "What on earth are you speaking of?" He asked in confusion to what I said. Rebel's snarl slowly went away, it was apparent, he was having trouble understanding me as well. With my head lowered and my eyes sore as hell, I proceed with my wording, "Please...It isn't even worth your time to gain revenge. Think rational and show mercy upon him for his misdeeds, they will be fixed one of these days. You'll just have to wait just as I will."

My brother looked away from me and stared down the hallway for a little while, it was clear that he was considering my suggestion. "You...ain't gonna let him...hurt me?" The grounded vamp asked in a inquisitive tone of voice. "I hate to say it but, yes," is not what I am about to tell him. Though I am bonded with him, I will not treat him any better than he treats me. And with that I say sternly, "Don't get any wrong ideas, I am only doing this for my own benefit!"  Rebel didn't seem to care, however, he just want up from the ground. Eventually, Ghost lifted his foot off of Rebel and backed away two steps. His vision directed back at me once more and he nodded, "I will trust whatever decision you make, brother."

"Same!" MC jumped down and landed with a backflip from the upper corner of the wall in between me and Ghost. I was in small shock but it wasn't that bad, "MC, I am glad you're here." Ghost said after giving him a small smile of appreciation. "I agree," I added. Before MC said anything else, he caught a glimpse of Rebel from behind Ghost and jumped at the sight of him. He slowly backed away and yelled, "PLEASE! DON'T HURT ME AGAIN DUDE!" He cringed as he cover his face with his arms, Ghost and I rolled our eyes. "He isn't going to attack you," I inform him, "Not on my watch anyways..."

Rebel chuckled aloud and held his hands up like he was being stopped by law enforcement; he said cheerily, "I can't make any promises. Otherwise, I'll want to break them!" He laughs again. I caught myself laughing along with him, he must've noticed it because I saw a light blush appear on his face with that damned frown of his. I didn't realize it until later that I was smiling along with him. "Ah well, it was a good thing I came here, huh?" MC said, smirking like the lovable idiot he is.

"Yeah. Thanks guys..." I managed to say thank you for once, it made me feel tingly inside. MC hugged me and patted my back to remind me that everything is okay. "Oh, cut the shit. He barely did a thing, he had nothing to do with me changing my mind!" Rebel managed to say a loud in an  aggravated tone. This amused Swift and caused a little smirk to appear on his face temporarily. A huff could be heard behind him, he turned to see that it came from April, "Oh April. I see you have finally recovered." These were the words of Ghost himself, and he laughed hardily in glee at her sudden appearance.

"Please sire...for goodness sake, I do not advise you to continue this...relationship you have going on right now. I assure that this is not healthy for you or that damned vamp-- " Swift scrunched up his nose and rudely interrupted her, "You will proceed to shut your blabber mouth and allow me to make my own choices!" MC and Ghost both look at each other in shock and then at Swift knowing that making him angry is a bad way to go. April's eyebrows lower on their outer corners and her frown grew slightly, a long sigh barely exited her mouth as she replied with her usual, "Yes sire..." and bowed.

Rebel smirked as he felt all smug and empowered. This is what I hungered for the devilish vampire thought to himself as a miniature cackle entered his mind as well.

To him, this was just the beginning to his magnificent plan...

To Be Continued...