Chapter 1

I stared up at the building that was towering in front of me, feeling like I was gonna shrink under it. 

I still can't believe what had happened. 
I was just in class, PE to be exact, and we decided to go to the school pool. My parents said that we've never gone to a pool because I never learned how to swim, and I was forbidden to go in one now, but I decided it was going to be fine because I was with a teacher who knew what she was doing. So I jumped in with everyone else. 
The moment I touched the water changed everything. 
I turned into part fish, and scales covered parts of my body, and fins appeared on my arm, hands, and face, as well as webbed fingers. I popped out of the water and heard screams. I looked around to see my whole class freaking out looking at me. 

That was the day that changed everything. That night my Parents told me that I was an "Oddity", and that they used magic to hide it, but getting into the water got rid of the magic.

But that's in the past. now I'm staring at Misfits High, the school for the Monstrosities and Oddities of the world, students like me walking by me as I stood there. 
It was about 3 months into school, I managed to get all the work I needed done by the time I had to come. so I could stick to my grade in school, aka a Junior. 

I took a deep breath before walking into the school, my heart pounding out of my chest. 
I took in my surroundings, the big hallways and the groups of students. 
One group however, got my eye. There were three people in the group, One taller then the other two. 

The tall one seemed to be arguing with one of them, it seemed to be fake but I wasn't sure. The Tall one had long brown hair that faded to purple, a purple tail, and seemed to be wearing all black. The one She was arguing with had extremely long blonde hair that faded to green, her hair almost reached the back of her knees. She also had black and Dark green dragon wings, and wore knee high boots, a green skirt, a crop top that would of gotten you kicked out in normal school, and what looked to be triangle patches on her forehead, chin, and legs.  And Lastly, The girl who wasn't participating in the argument had long dirty blonde hair that faded to blue, wings made of leaves, what seemed to be leaf "bunny" ears, but it was obvious they weren't ears, nor meant to be bunny ears, She wore a blue and beige shirt, skirt, and knee high boots. Her and the Green girl looked a little similar, but still very different. 

I was about to turn to go down the other hallway, when a voice shook me out of my head.
"Hiya! you look new here!" 
I turned around to see a kid who was a bit shorter then me. They had short orange hair with red at the end, black dog ears that faded to white, They wore a red hoodie and black pants, and a blue flower crown on their head. Just then I noticed that most people had one of four colors on their person somewhere: Purple, Blue, Orange, and Green. I wonder what that's about.. 

"Hello new person?" The voice broke me out of my thoughts again
"oh hey, I'm sorry, uhm. yeah I'm new" 
"well, welcome! I'm Viv! they/them please" They smiled at me, I couldn't help but smile. Their smile was very contagious. 
"Nice to meet you, I'm Elana" 
"you as well! So what house are you in?" 
"House?" I looked at them curiously 
"yeah! house! it's group we're put in based on certain things!" They pointed to their flower crown, "I'm a part of the Empaths!" 
"oh uh... I um... I wasn't told yet" 
"ohhh. well how about I take you to the office? you look lost" 
"yeah, that'd be very helpful" 
They started leading me past groups of people who were talking about the weekend. 

After a while, we reached a door that had a Label on it that said "Office". 
"annd here we are! I gotta get to class, Bye Elana!" They ran off while waving, I smiled and waved back a bit. 
I looked back at the door and took a deep breath. 

"oh Elana! just in time" The Lady at the front desk said as soon as I stepped in. 
"h-hi..." 
"How are you doing, sweetie?" She asked me
"overwhelmed... but ok I guess" 
"ok well, Mrs. Jaks is almost ready for you. please take a seat" 
I sat down in one of the chairs and stared nervously at the door for the Principles office. 
I heard yelling on the other side of the door, shadows moving infront of a tinted window on the door. I could tell it was a Male guy talking to the principle, but I wasn't sure if it was a kid or adult yet. 

After a while of listening to their muffled yelling, a kid walked out of the office, looking at me in disgust. 

He had short, and spikey black hair, red eyes, an eyepatch on his left eye, a black ripped t-shirt, ripped jeans, and boots with spikes. His skin was a light grey, he had elf ears, and he had very sharp teeth, like a shark. 

I didn't notice I was staring till he snapped infront of my face, "what are you staring at, loser?" 
"u-uhm. I uh.... sorry" I looked down and I heard him laugh then walk away. I waited for the principle to call me in before walking in. 
"ah Elana, you need your schedule and house, right?" 
"mhm.." 
"ok, perfect" She shuffled through a couple drawers and pulled out a paper, "we'll figure out your house after school in room 203, ok?" 
"o-ok.." 
She handed me the paper and sent me on my way 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked down at my schedule as I neared my first class

I sighed as I reached room 108. 
Let's hope this school year doesn't suck...