Chapter 9

"Everybody! Get up!" Vee yells from downstairs, which turned out to be useless since I never fell asleep last night. I forced myself to stand up and grab my uniform from the closet. My body was practically begging me to lay back down, but I knew I'd be punished for sleeping in, so instead, I just pulled the curtain closed and changed into my uniform, just begging for this day to go by fast.
"You ready for today?" Pandora asked, sleep showing itself in her voice. 
"Not at all." I sighed, tugging on my tie to loosen it slightly; Sure we had to wear one, but there wasn't anything in the rules saying we couldn't have them loosened a little, plus it's practically impossible to tell that I did so. 
"Let's hope it's easy." She pulled the curtain back and we both walked out of the room. I spotted Rena first, she was sitting on the couch, in her uniform, with headphones in. It didn't take me long after to spot Lizzie; she was sitting in the kitchen, a half-completed sudoku sat open in front of her. 
"Are these two still mad at each other?" 
"Oh yeah. Rena holds grudges and Lizzy refuses to apologize first." Pandora shrugged as she picked up her bag.
"oh..." 
"Yeah. fights between the two are rare but brutal." she just shrugged and continued on, "I'm gonna head out, see ya later?" 
"yeah, see ya" 
She waves before leaving, and now I'm stuck with Rena and Lizzie. I decide to it'd be best to talk to Rena, maybe I can get her to move on and apologize to Lizzie. 
"Hey Rena, how are you?" I asked, hoping she wouldn't snap and kill me. 
She glanced up, "I'm fine." 
"You sure? do you need to ta-" 
She cut me off, "El, I know what you're trying to do, and I appreciate it, but I'm not in the mood to talk to Lizzie or about what happened. I've moved on, so if you could do me a favor and just move on from it too." 
"oh... I... Yeah, ok." 
"Thanks." She pocketed her phone, "let's go to class." 
I nodded slightly, "wait-" I grabbed Rena's arm and quickly checked over her to make sure she had her full uniform on.
"Oh my god, Elana, I'm not a child. I don't need you to make sure I'm in my uniform. I learned from my mistakes." 
I knew that was a lie, but I could tell she had her whole uniform on properly, so I didn't push further. 
"you guys should get going or you'll be late," Vee suddenly butted in, crossing his arms.
I couldn't help by glaring at him slightly, despite that I nodded, "Right. Come on Lizzie! let's go." 
A few moments later, Lizzie walked out of the kitchen, but instead of acknowledging me or her sister, she just picked up her bad left. 
Rena rolled her eyes, grabbed her stuff, and then shuffled out of the dorm. I sighed and followed after, but before I stepped out the door, my arm was grabbed. I spun around to see what Vee wanted, only to realize that our faces are very close. 

Very close. 

"I'm sorry about yesterday." He whispered, "Mr. Nightmare caught wind of me being kind, so he threatened me. So... I'm sorry." 
"oh uhm.. y-yeah, you're f-fine." I took a small step backward, my face heating up.
He held eye contact with me as if he had more to say, but after what felt like forever, he let me go, "you should go." 
"Right, y-yeah. Bye." I turned and practically sprinted out of the room. 

I luckily managed to make it into the class on time, I shuffled my way to my seat next to Rena, sighing as I settled into my seat. 
"Where did you go?" She turned to me, raising an eyebrow. 
"Oh uh... Vee had to talk to me." 
"About...?" 
"Nothing important." I shrugged, pulling out my stuff for the class, deciding to stare down at it, instead of looking at Rena; I knew I was still blushing, I wasn't sure how much, but I knew I was. 
"You're weird." 
"I think you're weirder, sweetheart," Ryder said, sitting down next to Rena. 
"Call me that one more time-" Rena growled, I looked over at the two, chuckling when I saw Rena's glare. 
"What? Sweetheart?" He leaned in closer, "something wrong with that name? would you rather me call you cupcake~?" 
Rena growled again, her glare worsening, but also, there was a slight blush on her face, "Don't you dare." 
"Why not? you're blushing, so I think you like it~" 
"I do not." Rena huffs out, her face growing more red as time goes on. she then turns back to me, "I'm about to kill him." 
"No, don't, we don't want more blood on our hands." 
She huffed, "you suck." 
"Thanks." I laughed. 
Mr. Dunche walked into the room and clapped, "Everyone. Eyes up here." Once he had everyone's attention, he started teaching.