Chapter 6

*** In the past ***

It had been some months since (Y/N) had met Van Gojo for the first time. From time to time she thought about him. She would find herself smiling as she remembered some of the stories the man had told her. But now wasn't the time to think about him.

She was in the Zenin's training hall. Her husband had left with his brother and their father to Kyoto where they would attend to some family business. She stayed behind so she could train without being side-eyed by her father-in-law.

Not long after she had started though, she was interrupted. One of the servants was leading a man inside the training hall.

With a bow, the servant said: "I am most apologetic, my Lady, but master Gojo insisted on talking to you."

"It's alright Oda, you can go now."

She slightly bowed her head in respect for the heir of the Gojo family once he stood in front of her.

"Good to see you again, Gojo-san. I apologize for the way I'm receiving you, but I must confess I am surprised and intrigued by your visit."

"It's my pleasure to see you Zenin-san. I was hoping to see your husband instead, but sadly I have been informed he isn't here. So I thought if I already made all the way here, I could at least greet you."

"Yes, my husband left with his brother and father this morning and they will only return in some weeks. As I was left alone, I decided to train to distract myself."

A most beautiful smile made its way on the man's face. "I must admit, I was intrigued when your servant told me you were on the training hall. It's not common to see women train, particularly someone in a position such as yours."

At his remark, the woman stuck out her chin in defiance. "My husband has the opinion that his spouse should be able to defend herself, so he doesn't only allow me to train, he also encourages me."

Van chuckled. "I think you got the wrong idea about me, Zenin-san. I don't condemn your action, I was just taken by surprise. If I think about my wife, I would never imagine her interested in only picking up a weapon. But I have noticed you're different from other women I have met. Please, allow me to train with you. It would be a pleasure for me.

*** In the present ***

(Y/N) was waking up, a feeling of longing for the man she still loved pierced her heart. She remembered how Van had later told her that he wasn't there to see her husband but to see her. He had been waiting for days for Tadakatsu to leave so he had an excuse to see her.

As the woman turned to the side of the bed, a piercing pain shot through her head.

"Ugh... Au, my head."

As she pulled the bed covers over her head, something caught her attention.

'These covers are so soft. They almost feel like silk.'

She opened her eyes and found herself in an unfamiliar bedroom.

'Where am I. How did I end up here?'

Her aching head wouldn't allow her to think back, but as Gojo stepped into the room, she almost forgot about the pain.

"Good morning sleepy head. It was about time for you to wake up. Here swallow this. You will feel better soon after."

The woman was about to argue with the loud man, but with the expectation of relieving her headache, she took the white pill and swallowed it down. Now she could ask.