Chapter III

A Greek restaurant was the next place I arrived at. When I walked inside, I noticed that there weren't any customers or employees. It was just a dingy-looking interior and, like I said, completely deserted.

I assumed this was because whatever creature it was must've killed them all, but then I saw a "closed" sign on the door. That, along with the fact that there wasn't really any corpses in the building, made me realize that it was just gonna be me and the creature(s) again.

I started wandering around the restaurant. It was quiet. A little too quiet. It somewhat gave me the chills. The shack was only mildly creepy. And the bar, well it was a total shit-fest with creatures that were more of annoyances than threats. But this place would most definitely creep the hell out of anyone. And while I don't really feel fear from anything, this is still an unnerving place to be at.

Eventually, I heard a noise coming from the kitchen. It sounded like a roar, but it wasn't a hellhound. It sounded more like it came from a bigger creature.

Not a good sign.

I went inside the kitchen, shotgun drawn, and found...

Nothing.

There wasn't any movement of any kind. It looked just like any other plain old kitchen. But I knew damn well that, under the circumstances, it was highly unlikely to be the case.

I started searching the entire room. I still couldn't find anything unusual. But I'm not just gonna be like "Fuck it, there's nothing here, so I'm outta here", I'm gonna search this place until I find the enemy.

Soon, I found something rather interesting. An ancient-looking sheet of paper on a counter. I picked it up, and it read:

For a very long time I've hated the human race.

They are the absolute scum of the earth.

I have learned how to summon the lord

of darkness and his followers. The pentagram,

the candles, the chanting, the works.

That's why I decided to make a deal

with the Devil. Now the most powerful

demons have arisen from the pits of hell,

and I can finally take my revenge on humanity!

- Harold Sanders.

What kind of crazy-ass shit is this?

Well, whatever it is, it must be the reason why there's so many demons I've been facing today.

After reading this kooky balderdash, I heard a loud clank.

I turned. It came from a walk-in fridge. The door was slightly open. I slowly and carefully walked towards it. The clanking continued. I reached out for the door handle, but before I could even open it, the door flew right open, pushing me to the ground.

I looked upon the behemoth that got out of the fridge.

A Minotaur.

A 7 foot tall, muscle-bound, anthropomorphic bull. Its matted fur was thick and black. It had a golden ring in its nose. Its silver horns were long and sharp. It wore nothing but crimson trousers that were held by a leather belt with a golden buckle.

These guys are not as bad as imps or hellhounds, as they're more brawn than brains, but they're still a pain to deal with.

The Minotaur picked me up like a sack of potatoes and threw me into the wall. It then pounded its fists into my spine several times. It hurts like hell, but I'm not gonna give up that easily. I swung around and dealt a few blows to the bull's face. Didn't really do much.

The beast got a hold of my shoulders and started going Ring around the Rosie with me. It went on for about a few minutes. I got a little dizzy, but I still had my composure. Eventually, the Minotaur let go of me, giving me one last push, and I went flying into the still-open fridge. I could hear the giant animal roaring victoriously. But the fight's not over yet.

As I worked my way out of the fridge, the Minotaur watched me, confused that I was still alive. When I finally got out, I pulled out my fighting stick and rammed it into its body. I pushed the monster away and into the wall. After a smack to its face I put away the stick and pulled out the combat knife, and then I started to stab it dozens of times. It tried to fight back, but I managed to overpower the son of a bitch.

I then grabbed onto one of its horns and threw the beast to the ground. It landed hard, rattling the pots. I then pulled out my shotgun, and as the Minotaur attempted to get up, I shoved the barrel into its face, and blasted it into oblivion. Blood splattered everywhere. The Minotaur's body collapsed.

That was pretty easy, considering this was a giant angry bull.

I grabbed one of the Minotaur's leg and start dragging its body out of the kitchen. It was rather heavy, but I tried my best to get its ass out of here.

As I'm doing that however, something blocked my path.

A pack of hellhounds.

Shit.

There were four of them, each with different colors of fur. Crimson, orange, grey, and black. They are all snarling and staring at me with those piercing golden eyes.

They start to circle around me like hungry wolves. I pull out my combat knife again, getting ready to defend myself against these bitches. Finally, one of them makes a move, jumping onto my back and attempting to bite my neck. I latch onto the hellhound's jaw, stab it through the mouth, and toss it hard into the ground. Another leaps at me, but I catch it by the torso and throw it at the hellhound that had meanwhile snuck up behind me. I get out the shotgun, and after the two canines got up, I shoot them right in the gut, leaving gigantic holes in their stomachs. They flump hard to the floor, both dead.

The last one is now frightened, whimpering. Not something I would expect from hellhounds, as they're mostly angry and aggressive, but even then, it being scared by how much of a bad-ass I am is not all that surprising. I grab the dog by the throat and pin it to the wall. It struggles to breathe as I am working on strangling it to death. Finally, it goes completely limp and breathes its last breath. I let go, and its body slumps down to the floor like a rag-doll.

Fatality.

I carry all the bodies -- the Minotaur and hellhounds -- outside into the parking lot and put them into the back of my van. It's starting to get really crowded in there with all the corpses I've been collecting. Not to mention the nasty-ass smell.

I swear if the next demon I face is about as large as a fucking whale, I'm gonna have to get a tractor-trailer or something.

But anyways, I drive off to the next location I was given by the agency, pondering on what's waiting for me there.