Yandere Demeter (platonic)

-Demeter would be much more prone to becoming obsessed with someone after Persephone is taken by Hades. She'll use you as a way of replacing her daughter whether she consciously means to or not. She's definitely going to be extremely obsessive, delusion, protective towards you. Acting extremely controlling and possessive as well, never letting you out of her sight or to stray from her side at all.

-It doesn't matter if you're mortal or another god/goddess, if she see you as a child then she'll treat you as such, as her child. She would prefer if you had a more docile and submissive nature about yourself but if not then that doesn't mean she can't make you that way.

-She can be progressively overbearing, she's always hovering over you one way or another. Once you've gained her attention then she'll always have eyes on you in some way. After losing Persephone she's become increasingly paranoid and when she finds you her paranoia will only worsen more. She trusts no one in regards of you, she believes everyone will want to take you away from her too and she can't have that, not again.

-She wants the best for you like any mother and she knows that she's the best thing for you. She cares about you, she makes sure that your safe and sound, that you are taken care of and in return she expects you to be the obedient child she wants you to be.

-As said before, she'll unconsciously or consciously use you as a replacement for Persephone but you'll never truly be able to be another Persephone. That's not who you are and Demeter knows that but you're so close to what she's lost that in the end your thoughts and feelings don't really matter. Her delusions and selfishness will win overall.

-Demeter will punish you if need be. As much as she prefers to never have to go this route she knows that its inevitable at some point. She'll do whatever she sees fit in response to whatever you may have done to cause her to feel the need to punish you. She prefers to isolate you and dish out more emotional and mental punishments then actual physical ones, but that doesn't mean she hasn't or won't lash out physical. It would take you doing or saying something that hits her too hard for her to act that way. It's rare to see herike that but it does happen. You running away would be a prime example for her to act on her physical punishments, it reminds her too much of Persephone being swept away from her.

-Demeter does truly, genuinely care for you though and she does want you happy but her selfishness and overall obsessive behavior will interfere with that. There was a time before the Pesephone incident where she would have happily let you have friends and maybe fall in love but now there's no chance of that. She's changed since losing her daughter and that's caused her to take no risks with you therefore she's all you have and you're all she has. Or at least that's what she believes.

-When Persephone does come for the six months out of the year you'll be given a break. Demeter will spend all her time and energy in her that you'll be able to finally breath. It'll go to show that you really are just there as a placeholder for her lost daughter. You're reaction can depend on whether you've let yourself fall into the delusion or if you're still holding on to whatever sanity you can grasp on to to remember that this isn't right. It's when Demeter is reminded of her real daughter that she starts to ready everything that's happened since; finding you, bring you home, treating you as her child. She'll finally be truly aware of the situation that she's caused and the turmoil she's put you through.

-She can be so soft with you and loving towards you when she's not focusing on the people around either of you. She loves spending all her time with you doing anything and everything. She normally let's her paranoid and obsessiveness blind her but the times when she remembers just who you are and why you're here with her she'll breakdown. She'll apologize to you for taking you away and putting something that you have no business being involved with on to you.

-It's in these moments when she realizes that you're just a poor innocent soul that she's been taking advantage of for her own selfishness and that will really break her. She knows that she's hurting you by doing what she's done but she can't help it, she wants her baby back and you're her baby now. When she's like this, being aware of the situation at hand, she'll act just like her usual self before losing Persephone but these moments are fleeting and never last long. It's a cycle bound to inevitably start again and you'll be thrust back into whatever delusions she has in her fantasyland family, starring you and her.

-You'll never have peace again, being forced to play your part until the very end and even then it will never truly be the end. She'll bind you to her forever and you'll be stuck right where you are. You'll still be just as important to her even when Persephone does come around and she wants you to know and remember that. She would never throw you away even if she could have Persephone back. Demeter is still attached to you even though you aren't her daughter. She still has her own love for you and she's invested in you like any mother would be in their child and she does lose track of just who you really are but you'll still be her's at the end of the day.