Chapter 2

Sen collected a bottle of wine from their kitchen. He scowled while opening it. This wine belonged to him! And it was expensive. Lem didn't even like drinking this stuff so it wasn't like Sen was getting anything out of it. God, he needed a drink himself. After pouring the glasses he took a swing from the bottle.

Walking out to the living room felt awkward. The stares of both lemon monsters fell on him. He was so out of place here. He carefully placed each glass next to Lem and Neil. Neil gracefully picked up the glass and took a sip.

"Mm, the one thing I will always miss from the human realm is how tasty they make their wine."

Sen made his way to the other side of the couch to finish up folding his laundry. He wasn't comfortable leaving Lem alone with this demon. Also, two demons being present wasn't going to stop him from finishing up his chores. Only glances were exchanged between Lem and Neil. It made Sen want to break the silence himself, but this wasn't his battle.

"How have Charlie and William been?" Lem finally said.

Charlie? William? Who?

"Same old." Neil coughed. "One still in that insane asylum and one sailing the seas to fill his empty heart."

"You checked on them?" Lem said.

"It is hard too!" Neil leaned back on the couch, "That is one of the positives about you son, compared to your brothers, you're always so easy to find!"

Sen froze. Brothers? Not only did Lemon have a father, but he also had brothers?! How much did he also not know about his boyfriend? Haven't they been through enough for Sen to know this information? Senpai was beyond confused about what that meant for them.

"Let's stop talking about them," Lem said, glancing over at Sen. Sen never saw him so nervous in his life.

"Gladly," Neil said. "We should talk about how you came in the possession of such a handsome looking human."

Neil's eyes glanced up and down at Sen like he was some sort of fancy knick-knack. Sen didn't know what to do. It reminded him of the beginnings of his relationship with Lemon. Like he was some sort of object and not a living and breathing being.

"Dad stop, you're making him uncomfortable."

Neil quickly looked away and coughed into his hand.

"My apologies, but seriously how did you come across him?"

"He was just some kid looking for shelter and I took him in," Lem said.

"That's nice Lem, I'm proud that you have found that humans have other uses than just meals."

Sen wanted to throw up. He knew Lem had to eat humans to survive but he didn't know that there was that much of a great divide between them. It seemed liked according to Lem's dad, humans were inferior in every way to them. No wonder Lem didn't want to say anything about them dating.

"I do apologize that I came unannounced," Neil said.

"You always do," Lem said back quickly.

"Anyway! Jr. do you have plans for dinner?"

"Well, I was actually starting to make dinner before you showed up."

"You were making it?" Neil said squinting his eyes at Sen.

"Well... I," Lem stumbled over his words.

"Haha, he likes taking credit for what I do!" Sen jumped in putting the folded clothes to the side. This was getting painful, he couldn't just sit there and watch.  Lem looked so relieved at this.