Chapter 4

Senpai hummed as he took the opportunity to clean up the mess of the fight's aftermath. He was glowing, his charm and wit has tamed Lem's beast of a dad. This was the first time that has happened in his life. Meeting the parents can always be stressful for a boyfriend but he knew he got an A-plus grade.

This did not happen last time...

He shuddered.

"SENPAI?!" he heard as the front door slam open.

"We'll look who it is," Sen rolled his eyes. He still had a smile though, he was glad Lem made it home safe.

Lem ran over him and grabbed him by the face. Sen's cheeks were squished as Lem checked him over everywhere.

"I am so sorry for just leaving you, I was so upset!"

Sen's eyebrows furrowed.

"Yeah, maybe don't do that next time. I could have died. Again." He mumbled under his breath. "To be fair though, I was free to follow you as you went."

"Yes, why didn't you!"

"I knew you needed your alone time."

Lem tilted his head in understanding and let go of Senpai's face looking around the house.

"Where is he?"

"He left."

"..."

"He left, Lem everything is ok."

Lem's eyes widened.

"What happened?!"

"I talked to him and I made him realize he was being a dick."

"..."

"What?" Senpai crossed his arms. Lem should know he was a fully capable adult.

"How?"

"I just told him that you're not him and expecting you to be like him is absurd." Senpai sighed. "But,I also told him about my own story and how I lost my family. That you should try your best to make things right with your family because you never know when they are going to be gone."

"That worked...?"

"Yes, you seem to forget I'm extremely charming," Lem's lips twitched. "He left you a note, by the way, I didn't read it, do you want it?"

Sen pulled it out of his jacket pocket and handed it over. Lem opened it and skimmed it slowly. His expression was unreadable. After his eyes made it to the end he crumbled it up and tossed it to the ground.

"Lem..."

"Can we just forget all this happened? I'm glad he is gone."

Senpai reached down to pick up the crumpled letter.

"Lem wait, what did it say?"

"It doesn't matter. I just don't want him in my life anymore so it is over."

"Don't just throw this away after all the effort I put into this!"

Lem's eyes squinted, he took in a deep shaky breath before saying. "Senpai you're making it about yourself, this is my father, not yours."

"You can't be mad at him for trying! I'm an outsider and he didn't seem that bad."

"Sen, you only knew him for a day! Don't act like you are an expert because you got along with him for fifteen minutes."

"Everything has to start somewhere! I'm just trying to make things better ok?"

"I know," Lem sighed. He then reached out to pull Senapi into him. They still did feel heated with each other but a hug was greatly appreciated. "He said a lot in that letter but the main thing is my father wants us all to meet together. The whole family."