Chapter 6

Serenity's P.O.V.

Rough. That is what Vance's hand feels like. Well-used and sturdy. Kind of like Vance himself. But I knew, underneath all that solid skin, it was soft and kind. I look up to my eldest brother who was looking straight ahead to the man in front of us. His deep blue eyes were concentrated with the wolfish man. His brown eyebrows furrowed. I looked back ahead of me.

"Remember what Mother said," I whisper under my breath.

Vance gives his head a slight nod. Barely noticeable.

"Rowenna," Robb smirks.

"My King," Mother bows low.

"My Queen," Robb bows. "It has been too long."

"Of course my King," she answers politely.

"So these are the viper-pups?" he asks, curiously.

"My children," she answers.

Vance gives my hand a last squeeze before we all stand in a line. Oldest to youngest. I stand next to Caprio and Adder. Rowenna stands next to Robb with her eyes darting quickly to us.

"You must be Cleo," Robb says to her.

She bows. "My King."

"Well she did turn out to be a beauty after all," Robb chuckled.

Cleo gave Robb a quick smile but all of us could tell it was fake, except Robb.

"Thank you my King," Cleo replies.

"Pity for the Dornish features," Robb sighs. "But she is still growing."

Cleo's black eyes flash.

"But she has the same curves as her Mother," Robb continues. "But maybe a bit under-developed."

I look down at the ground in astonishment.

Robb then looks at all of us. I hear Prio catch her breath.

"What are the rest of their names?" Robb asks Mother in his harsh, Northern accent.

"Vance, Killian, Hunter, Stag, Caprio, Serenity, Adder, Maia and Luca," Mother answers.

"They are all able to transform?" Robb questions again.

"They can my king," Mother answers softly.

"Even the young ones here," Robb points roughly to Maia, Luca and I.

"Yes my king," Mother says.

Robb then marches up to us. He looks over at Adder, who towers over me and is almost the same height as Robb.

"How old are you boy?" Robb orders.

"Nine years old my king," Adder answers.

Robb barks a laugh that sends chills down my spine. Adder's complexion is completely blank.

"Let us see if you can take a hit," Robb smirks and raises his hand.

My instincts kick in and I step in front of Adder and Robb. I put my arms in front of Robb to stop the blow.

"Step out the way girl," Robb growls. "I don't want to hit your face."

"Do not hit him then," I growl back.

"Looks like I will have to hit you as well," Robb snarls.

I close my eyes to receive the punishment but all I hear is a crash on the ground. I open my eyes to see Vance's hands around Robb's neck as he sits on top of him.

"You won't touch her!" Vance yells. "You will never touch her!"

"Get off me boy!" Robb bellows.

"Enough!" screams Mother.

Robb pushes Vance off him in a sharp shove. Prio runs to his side and helps him up. Robb wipes some dirt off his all-black doublet.

"If you lay one hand on any of my on anyone of my children again Robb, I will make you regret it," Mother whispers in a deathly tone.

Robb and her glare at each other for a few short moments then Mother walks out. of the Throne Room in loud steps.

"All of you!" Robb orders. "OUT!"

We all quickly walk out of the chamber to outside. Mother is gods knows where and Luca is beginning to cry.

"Are you okay Vance?" Hunter asks.

"I'm fine," Vance answers gruffly.

"I think we should get changed for the feast tonight," Cleo says.

We all walks to our separate chambers but Vance grabs my arm and pulls me aside.

"Are you alright?" Vance asks worried.

"I am fine," I smile.

Vance smiles back and kisses my cheek.

"I will see you at the feast," Vance says.

"As will I," I reply.

I watch him walk away and lightly stroke my fingers at the place where he kissed me. It has a strange tingling feeling about it that I cannot explain. I shake my head of these confusing thoughts and go into my chamber.

______________________________________________________________

Sorry guys for the long update. My holidays finish tomorrow and I have been out with my friends recently. Stay tuned for the next chapter! Also subscribe to my YouTube channel at: RowennaBaratheon

~Mischief Managed and Winter is Coming~