A Love Letter

Dear Love,

I hope all of your orchid plants are growing with the essence of enormous beauty that you hold in your soul. Here in this lifetime, when I see the reflection of blood-moon on the surface of a puddle near my place, it reminds me of the adoration, I have for you... so vivid and close, yet lightyears ahead of my own reach. Still, it gives me a feeling which is so painfully mesmerizing.

Now, I truly have nothing that I can offer you.... All I have is an entity full of sheer torment. Forgive my existence if you can, cause with this, I can't be infront of your beautifully delicate heart. For now, I'm way too destructive for any soul.

Somewhere beyond this lifetime, beyond the horizon of right and wrong, beyond the binaries of social constructions, I will meet you. I promise.

There'll be a blanket of pinkish darkness. We'll drape it around our otherwise bare torso. I'll show you my scars then, and I hope, I'll have the honour to see yours too. I wish to kiss them with utmost care. We'll drown in the ocean of gentleness. And, at the end, I'll give you, the burnt monsoon lilies from the messy embroidery of my heart. I know, you'll keep them safe, Love.

Until that meeting of ours, in this journey of life, I can only romanticize "letting go", for I don't have the ability to say, "I'll never let go".

Thank you for everything and nothing at all.

Yours,
No one.

.

- Ipsita Mitra Pupu

29/08/2021
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°