chapter three.

Things go missing

Things go missing

  VALERIA FURROWED HER BROWS AS SHE looked through the supplies on the Druther's. She was supposed to be doing inventory, and currently, the numbers on the paper she was looking at weren't matching up. She had counted everything about three times, and she got the same amount each time.

"I know you are trying to sleep but." Val pushed up from her knees getting up to her feet. "Know anything about these missing tanks, blondie?"

"John B took them yesterday, don't you guys coordinate?" Sarah mumbled back, pulling the blanket covering her over her body.

"John B hasn't come help me work in days, so no, we don't coordinate." The Jimenéz girl rolled her eyes. "It's already 5, what the hell are you doing asleep?"

"5 am, AM, do you hear yourself?" The Cameron girl sat up, rubbing a hand across her face. "Aren't you even the least bit tired? Ward doesn't get up till nine, i'm sure you could sneak a nap in."

"Why would I want to do that?" Val asked, raising her brow slightly.

"So I can get some sleep." Sarah shrugged her shoulders. "You are really loud when you are working."

"So go inside?" Valeria spoke, almost as if it was the obvious answer to all of their problems.

"It's too hot inside to sleep, there is power in here, and where there is power, there is cold air." The Cameron girl narrowed her eyes. "Take a nap."

"I'd rather clean than sleep on a floor that isn't clean." The Jiménez girl rolled her eyes, placing the papers in her hand down. "Feel free to try and sleep over the noise."

"You feel free to take a nap with me. There's plenty of space." Sarah pulled the blanket back over herself, laying down once again. "You work way too hard anyways."

"How would Topper feel about me and you sleeping in the same area?" Val asked, a brow raised as she waited for an answer.

"Furious probably, but, who's going to tell him? You?" The Cameron girl looked across the room, her brow now raised too.

"Fine, only for an hour." Valeria sighed, wiping her hands on the back of her shorts before walking over, and awkwardly sitting down next to the blonde.

She was only doing it to make Topper mad, right?

"You are acting like we've never slept in the same bed before, Jiménez. This is getting embarrassing." Sarah laughed, turning her back towards the girl as Val laid down, letting herself get comfortable.

She had to admit, she was quite tired after already working for more than two hours, especially since she had only gone to sleep three hours before she needed to get up to bed.

"Shut up, blondie." Valeria mumbled, her arms ending up wrapping themselves around the other girl.

Her chin was nestled between the girls neck and shoulder before she closed her eyes, finally falling asleep.