chapter six.

Hidden, not a secret

VALERIA HADN'T REALLY SEEN HER FRIENDS IN awhile, seeing as she was working for Ward night and day now. Currently, she was picking up a few things for him at the country club but, couldn't help notice her friends running inside. She furrowed her brows and followed, curious as to what they were doing.

"Sneaking in for some fun time?" She spoke, making all the Pogues practically jump out of their seats.

"Hey, Val. Um... you know, that's a good question! We uh—" JJ stuttered over his words, making the girl furrow her brows.

"Shut up, JJ." Weasel sighed and shook her head, getting up out of her seat as she approached her best friend. "Come on, we need to talk."

Val looked at her other friends who awkwardly smiled, and waved, then she went and followed after Campbell.

"What the hell is going on?" The Jimenéz girl questioned, folding her arms across her chest as the pair stood in the hallway.

"We're onto something, something big. Something that could get us all a lot of money. I can't tell you yet but, it's gonna be great, I promise." Weasel explained in riddles, not wanting to disrespect John B's wishes of telling everyone just yet.

When they knew more about what was happening, Val would be the first to know.

"You mean, a job?" Valeria questioned. "Cause you could all use one, especially your little boyfriend who got fired for stealing."

"Well, your little girlfriend told on him, wasn't his fault." Weasel defended.

"Sarah's not my girlfriend, and she didn't do shit. You guys shouldn't have taken from him, he's like one of the most powerful dudes on the island." The Jimenez girl wasn't understanding what was happening, and why they needed to steal but, she would soon.

"Just listen to me, okay? Soon enough neither of us will have to work for anything again. I got us." The Bledell girl told her best friend mysteriously.

She patted the girls shoulder and went back into the room with her other friends, leaving Valeria to lean against the wall and sigh.

  VALERIA CAME BACK WITH THE SUPPLIES THAT Ward had asked for in hand. She set them down in the entryway, and wiped a bead of sweat gently away from her forehead, letting out a sigh. The things Weasel had said were still on her mind, what the hell had John B gotten her into.

Part of her wondered if she should be working so much, maybe she would've been able to prevent this if she was home more.

"Val! I need you." Sarah appeared at the top of the steps, and seemed to be in a rush as she disappeared back onto the top floor.

The Jimenez girl furrowed her brows before she ran up the steps, and followed the blonde to the bathroom, where Wheezie was over the toilet puking.

"Whats going on in here?" Val pinched her nose at the smell, absolutely disgusted.