𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧

Mako was running through the halls of the Pro-bending Arena with Korra in his arms. Amon had taken away the Avatar's bending.

Korra's worst nightmare had come true.

It all started when she and Mako tried to reveal the Equalist's leader true identity. They had spoken to Tarrlok, who had been capture by the evil leader and was imprisoned in the Air Temple Island, and they had learnt he and the Equalist were brothers. They learnt about their past, and they found out they were Yakone's sons. That explained how Tarrlok was able to bloodbend without a full moon. His brother, Noatak, could do the same. However, Noatak was stronger and developed his bloodbending technique to the point he was able to take someone bending away.

The two benders had decided to expose Amon in the rally he was going to hold at the Pro-bending Arena. Unfortunately, the Equalist's leader had his lie well studied and when confronted with the truth, he simply took his mask off so everyone could see his scarred face and believe his family had really been killed by a firebender.

But that was just the beginning.

To make things worse, Amon had captured the Tenzin's family and intended to rid the world from air bending forever by taking away the airbenders' powers. It was clear Amon was baiting the Avatar, but Korra needed to act and so she did.

Mako and Korra attacked Amon and saved Tenzin along with his family who then escaped and got out of the arena leaving the two benders behind.

They tried to face Amon, but he was stronger than expected and now Mako was running for his and Korra's lives.

'Mako ... my bending,' the Avatar spoke with a weak and worried voice.

'Everything will be all right!' the firebender tried to calm her down. 'We just need to get out of here.'

Suddenly, his body twisted. Amon was bloodbending him. He dropped Korra immediately and then felt his body being pushed against the ceiling and against the walls of the corridor. He was a puppet and Amon was the master.

'I'm impressed,' Amon spoke in his usual calm voice as he walked to Mako while still bloodbending him. 'No one has ever gotten the better of me like that. It is almost a shame to take the bending of someone so talented. Almost.'

Amon raised his hand and prepared to place his thumb in the centre of the male's forehead. Korra's blue eyes widen as she saw that dreadful scene.

'No!' the Avatar shouted as she got up and threw a punch at Amon.

The punch suddenly turned into an air blast that hit the Equalist and Mako as well. The firebender was sent flying against a wall while Amon was sent skidding backwards.

'I- I can airbend?' Korra asked herself. 'I can airbend!'

Amon was shocked, but not shocked enough to be paralysed.

'No for long!' the man spoke and got up while bloodbending the Avatar again.

Mako wanted to do something, but he was still recovering from Amon's last attacks. Despite all that, he still tried to get up and stop the bloodbender from approaching Korra. He couldn't let him hurt her again.

Too bad, his efforts were useless against Amon's skills and Mako ended up being bloodbended again and thrown against a wall.

Korra was on her knees and Amon was walking in her direction. His hand was raised. He was going to take her bending away once more. Mako's eyes were filled with fear as he stood there on the ground unable to move. He felt useless.

'This time for good,' the man with the mask spoke calmly as his hand got closer to Korra's forehead.

Mako shut his eyes. He couldn't watch Korra suffer like that again.