𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

'It's pro-bending night in Republic City, and have we got a doozy for you!' Shiro Shinobi exclaimed with excitement. 'Fan favourites, the Fire Ferrets, are about to take on hot newcomers, the Rhino Lions!'

At the pro-bending arena, everyone was pumped up to see the Rhino Lions in action and to see if the Fire Ferrets could beat them or not. They couldn't. And they even set a record for the fastest knockout in pro-bending's history.

Bolin was clearly disappointed and sad. He really wanted to at least make it to the semi-finals. He was so upset that he didn't even go with his team and stayed in the locker room sitting on a bench.

'Next time you'll do better,' he heard a familiar voice and turned around.

It was Nike. She and her team had just arrived at the locker room. The Catgators would be the next team to compete, so they went there to get things ready for the match.

'If Mako was here...' the earthbender sighed.

'He's probably catching some criminals,' Nike said with a smile while getting in her uniform. 'Or he's with Korra...'

Everyone noticed the change in the firebender's voice when she mentioned Korra. Even the always so-distracted Bolin noticed it, but he said nothing, and Akashi changed the conversation's topic.

Nike's teammates had already realized the firebender had some interest in Mako and that she usually felt jealous when someone mention him being with his girlfriend.

'Get yourselves to the final guys!' the earthbender exclaimed to the Catgators once it was time for them to go to the field.

The Capital City team won the match and qualified for the final that would be on the night after. The three benders were extremely excited and determined to enter the tournament. This time they were going to make it. The Rhino Lions were strong, but the Catgators were stronger.

'Get ready, folks! Because the final match of the qualifying rounds is about to begin!' Shiro spoke enthusiastically. 'Who will be entering the Pro-bending Tournament? The Catgators or the Rhino Lions!?'

In the stands, everyone cheered for their favourite team.

'Go, Nike!!!' someone screamed.

'You have a pretty nice cheering squad there,' Akashi commented with the firebender as their team walked onto the playing field.

Nike looked up to the stands to see who had shouted. It had been Mako and he wasn't alone. Asami, Bolin and Korra were there as well. Then, the female's golden eyes moved from person to person and finally landed on a lady near the arena's entrance. It was Lin.

The earthbender was looking at her and smiled. Nike smiled back and took her position in the ring before the two teams heard the bell ring.

The first bender to be hit was Shone. Rhino Lions' firebender was stronger than the Capital City team was expecting, Fortunately, the earthbender regained his balance quickly and attacked the opposing team with two earth coins while Nike delivered her signature aerial attacks.

By the end of the round, Rhino Lions' benders were all in zone 2.

It looked like Nike's opponents weren't that thought after all. The team could relax a little and get their guard down to avoid getting too tired too soon. Too bad, that wasn't a good call.

Right after the second round began, Akashi and Shone were sent to zone 2 leaving Nike alone in zone 1. The firebender wouldn't be able to get through the Rhino Lions' strategic team attacks and defence and she knew it. She didn't want to risk losing that round, but she had only one option.