𝟏𝟑: 𝐅𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐛𝐞𝐫...

December 13, 2022

3:50 A.M

I plunged into the boiling, swirling floodwaters and I thought it was over. I couldn't see, couldn't move. Then I remembered my mom's plea for me to keep on fighting. I wasn't going to give up, not yet, not until every bone, every muscle in my body refuses to fight anymore.

My eyes shot open, but I squeezed them shut because they instantly burned. I began frantically swimming towards the surface, which seemed an endless distance away, but I eventually made it.

I burst out of the water and gasped for fresh air. Sharp rain struck my skin like knives as I struggled to stay afloat. The water has to have been moving at twenty miles per hour at least. I looked up, though my vision was blurry. The clouds burst and churned and snarled, filled with rage and I could almost feel Osai readying its might to finally claim my life.

"I need to get out of here before-"

A sharp piece of splintered wood ripped open my calf and I cried out in bloody agony. It didn't help that the water wasn't clean.

"AHHH!!!"

There were some distant cries for help across the city, but at this moment I knew that no help would be arriving. No paramedics, no police, no firefighters, I was on my own. I didn't know where Spencer was, but I only prayed that he was alive.

I prayed that Morgan was alive, and no matter how much I hated him, I prayed that Eli was alive. Nobody deserves to die here, but unfortunately, there were definitely fatalities.

I bit through the pain, but I knew I needed to get out of the water before my gaping, bleeding wound became infected, because that would be another nightmare, perhaps even worse then my current one. I looked around across the avenue that I was floating down, my eyes scouring for anything, anything at all. I barely managed to make out a light post less than a hundred feet away and I desperately began trying to swim over to it.

That wasn't easy because I was fighting against the ruthless current hellbent on carrying me away.

"Come on! Come on!" I hissed as I swam.

I could swim, and I could pretty well, but I was injured and with the wind and rain combining its wrath to stop me, I was slower than normal.

My leg sent pain shooting up to my hip which made me cry out in agony. But I kept going, I refused to give up. I reached the lamppost, but before I could grab it, just like that, it was ripped out and sent flying away.

"No!"

Okay Ella, this isn't the end of the world, you can find something else. As I floated down the street, with dozens of other pieces of debris, my vision was hampered by both the blinding rain and that my glasses had been torn off of my face and so I was even more blind. That is why I didn't see the piece of steel that suddenly jammed into my hip.

"GAH!"

Tears spilled out of my eyes, please, let it stop! I just want to find Spencer, hug him, hear him tell me this will all end soon. I want him here, just so I'm not alone.

But Spencer is probably dead. He was further in the room then I was. I was lucky that I had been standing where I was. As much as it hurts me to admit it... Spencer is probably gone...

I desperately floated along, silently begging for something, anything that I could get on to climb on and get out of the water. But everything was shredded, or too small for me to actually grab onto.

Then a wave of water rushed through the inundated street and slammed into me. I was sent flying back through the water, and when it passed I had no idea how deep I was. I was so delirious that I struggled to even tell which way was up and which was down. I couldn't open my eyes because of all the debris that would tear my eyes open and blind me. Plus, the water was so filthy that my wounds were likely to get infected.