T H R E E

A/N please note I have to write this scene from memory as it's not available on UK Disney +
Brief Mentions of vomiting and alcohol.

EVERYONE WAS TALKING LOUDLY. everyone except Evelyn, who was sitting on the sofa, still not having said a word. To an onlooker, she would appear to be rude and a buzzkill, but the truth was that she had no clue how to talk to any of them. Being in The Red Room for almost her whole life under mind control meant she had zero social skills. And I really mean zero social skills.

"We should do secret code names! We're government agents now. I wanna be called Mystique!"

"Dang, I wanted to be called Mystique." Sean replied to her, jokingly mocking her.

"Well tough, I called it." Raven turned from herself to an exact replica of the red headed boy, even down to his clothes, "and I'm way more mysterious than you." Everyone looked shocked at her appearance change, clapping wildly as she changed back to herself. All except Evelyn, who while impressed, had no idea how to show it. "Darwin, what about you?"

"Well, Darwin's already sort of a nickname, you know, adapt to survive. Check this out..." he stood up from his seat and made his way over to the fish tank. They all watched with confusion until he stuck his head into it, forming gills and taking a deep breath to prove he could breath under there. Everyone reacted in the same way as they did before, Darwin sitting back down on his spot on the sofa, "Sean?"

The redhead leaned forward in deep thought, "I am going to be... Banshee."

"Why would you want to be named after a wailing spirit?" Hank asked the boy, clearly being the only one to know what a banshee was.

Evelyn barely heard Alex's deep mumbling, something about the doctor being a know it all, before Sean stood from his seat as Darwin did earlier, crouching in front of the small table that was in the middle of the group. He instructed them all to cover their ears and once they all had, a high pitched whistle shot forward, smashing the window."You?" Sean asked the Raven haired girl.

"Well," she took off her jacket, "my stage name... was angel." She turned around to show her butterfly wings tattoo turn into real wings, "kinda fits."

"You can fly?!" Raven asked angel excitedly.

Angel nodded in agreement before turning to the smashed window and spitting what appeared to be a ball of acid, which burned and melted the hair in the bronze statue outside. After seeing this, there were audible messages of both amazement and disgust- due to the spitting of course, would be a little weird if mutants were grossed out by a mutation, right?

"What about you?" Angel asked the shy, timid man.

He looked down before the rather attractive blond man spoke, "how about Bigfoot?"

"Well you know what they say about guys with big feet," Raven stated, sticking up for Hank, "and... yours are kinda small."

Evelyn looked down to Alex's shoes, seeing that they were in fact not small at all, but a lot smaller than Hanks.

Darwin turned to the blond, "well, what can you do?"

Alex looked at his drink, "it's not that I can't... I just can't do it here."

"Can you do it out there?" He pestered Alex.

Everyone except Evelyn chanted his name as they stood up, Raven ushering the girl to follow. "Get back." They all stood back for a second before moving back to their original position. "Get back." They repeated the previous action, annoying Alex visibly, "whatever." He moved his body, creating rings of burning plasma around his torso that he spun and flung at the statue, slicing it in half.

They all erupted in cheers, our protagonists face even softening slightly at the slight of his mutation, which only Alex seemed to notice. They all sat back down in their original positions before their attention was drawn to the youngest member of the group. Alex was the one to ask the so far emotionless girl for a second demonstration, "Evelyn? What else can you do?"

She stared at him, making him slightly uneasy, then to the floor, choosing to keep up with her miniature and personal vow of silence. "Yeah Evvy, what do you want your name to be?" Raven asked her innocently, the nickname making her stomach churn and curdle. That was her mother and fathers nickname for her. She felt the bile rise in her throat, only just being able to keep it down.

Angel noticed her effort to not throw up, and decided to call her out in it, "what's wrong with you?"

Sean attempted to softly scold her, trying to prevent a disagreement in the group, "Angel-"

"What? You don't want to know what's up with her? She's sitting there as if she's going to throw up and she looks like she hasn't showered in months, I mean, look how greasy her hair is! And her eye bags, and the bruise on her jaw, and she's in a ripped... suit? I don't even know what that is!"

Evelyn looked down at her practically destroyed mission suit, pulling the belt buckle out of her pocket and wiping some of the dried dirt off of it with her thumb.

Hank looked at they hourglass symbol, almost immediately recognizing it due to his work with the CIA, "y- you're a Black Widow?" The group noticed the slight fear in his eyes as he looked at her.

"What's a Black Widow?" Darwin asked both of them, just hoping for an answer for the group.

Hank turned to the... team if you will, and began to explain, "the Black Widow project is associated with the Russian government, they basically kidnap young girls and train them to become child assassins. They have a really gruesome graduation ceremony as well, it's inhuman what they do to the kids."

"What's the graduation ceremony?" Angel asked, turning to Evelyn. She stared intimidatingly back at the girl, not blinking once. "Oh come on, if you can kill somebody but not answer a question-"

Evelyn stood up from her seat, stepping over the table to pin angel down, "you want to see some of the moves they taught us? Huh? You want to see," she moved her hand to her zipper, pulling down slightly so she could reach inside her suit to pull out a dagger engraved with the hourglass, "you want to see what I can do with this?! Huh?! Do you?!" She spoke deeper than usual in an extremely thick  Russian accent, causing the group to be quite taken back.

Hank used all of his might to pull the two apart, noticing a stray fear-fueled tear slide down Angel's face, "don't kill her!"

"Oh believe me, I do not want to, but if she keeps up that little attitude of hers... I am more than happy to up my kill count." She turned away from the group, making her way to the pull out cupboard full of alcohol she had noticed earlier, taking a bottle of vodka out, spinning the cap off and necking almost half the bottle without stopping, completely unaffected after.

"Well, they got booze." Sean pointed out.

Darwin shrugged, "I could drink."