S I X

(A/N: wrote this in bed with severe covid so it probs doesn't make sense also pretty long)

Everyone raced to the window to see what was going on, but Evelyn stayed glued to the counter, frozen in place as her blood ran cold and the colour drained from her face: all the screaming... God, how it reminded her of all the people she made scream like that, screams of fear and agony before their final moments... their final moments were filled with her before their eyes... her torturing them with a slow and painful death or torturing them with not letting them even see the person responsible for their demise...

All the screaming...

She stared at the wall with a pale and blank face, listening to Raven's shrieks upon seeing all the agents drop to the floor, seeing all their blood and skulls splatter around them as they landed head first onto the concrete. She didn't move, not even flinch, almost paralysed with the sickness she felt from the memories...

it wasn't until she felt someone hold her waist securely and pull her to the floor that she came back to reality, forgetting the pain for just one moment before she was lying in her side next to Angel on the rough brown carpet. Angel was trying to be strong, but Evelyn knew the faces of fear when she saw it; maybe it was the chattering teeth that gave the raven-haired girl away, or maybe it was the goosebumps that littered her bare arms, but she was scared nether the less.

She couldn't look at them in fear any longer, she got up from the floor quickly, shaking her arms lightly to increase her blood flow a tad bit before the group called out to ask what she was doing, "we can help!" She shouted to them as they looked up to her, her voice slightly coarse from her earlier sickness.

They all looked at her as if she was crazy, all except Darwin, "she's right... we have to do something." He got up, ushering the others to follow him.

They all ran together, until they saw more people get dropped from the sky, then all of them except Darwin, Alex and Evelyn ran back screaming like children. Evelyn only went back into the room when someone grabbed her... God she wished whoever it was wouldn't do it so fast so she could punch them in the face.

They all turned to the sound of a panicked voice coming from outside, "the mutants are in there! Please, let us normal people go!" Raven and Sean physically cringed at the sound of slicing, the blonde girl gagging when she heard the thud of a body hit the floor. Evelyn raised herself up slightly, crawling quickly and sitting ducked behind the arm of the sofa. She once again reached down her suits front and pulled out the engraved dagger, sliding the handle end up her sleeve until the entire weapon was concealed, but accessible. The rest joined her as she stood up, Darwin first, then Alex, then Angel, Hank, Sean and Raven.

A fawn haired man walked into the room thought the smashed window on their right, a red skinned and pointy eared man doing the same on their left. The double doors flung open, allowing a medium height man walk though, wearing a black suit. Evelyn could've sworn she felt her lungs run out of air as she looked at him.

Klaus Schmidt.

he went by many names, but that was the one she remembered him by. Klaus Schmidt, the good friend of many men high up in the Soviets government, but most importantly, he was very good friends with General Dreykov. the leader of The Red Room...

"hello." he spoke as he stalked into the room slowly, his voice overly confident, "my name is Sebastian Shaw... and i am not here to hurt you."

'bullshit' evelyn thought as she made eye contact with him, trying her absolute best not to let water collect at the bottom of her eyes.

Shaw smirked at her, "a special hello to you, мой мертвый. long time no see."

the feeling of sickness flooded Evelyn's stomach once again, but she managed to keep it down. She didn't notice Alex's eyes move from Sebastian to her, not seeing her expression change within the few seconds he looked at her.