Chapter 228

"Why...why are you doing this?"

Embarrassed, Claryvan approached Gallahan to stop him.

Gallahan said, smiling comfortably at Claryvan.

"Because Tia wasn't lonely thanks to you, Claryvan."

"Ah..."

"As Tia's father, I wanted to say thank you for being with my daughter."

Claryvan was silent for a moment.

He had so many thoughts that he felt like once he opened his mouth, a mess of tangled words would pour out.

After taking a few breaths, Claryvan carefully opened his mouth.

"Thank you is something that I should say."

He chuckled at the end of his words.

"You don't know how much my life has changed because of meeting Florentia, Lord Gallahan."

Taking care of the Lombardi house and teaching the successors, Claryvan thought that he was withering away.

Day by day, he did what was given to him and didn't have any clear goals.

In addition, he was also greatly disappointed that Rulac's grandchildren, whom he had been taught, were more ordinary.

And then, I met Florentia.

"I feel like I've met someone who recognizes me and values my worth. It's like being reborn."

The succession training room is decorated like a playroom for children.

The room was filled with low desk chairs, colorful cushions, and dainty dolls.

The excitement of the moment when he welcomed Lady Florentia, who showed off with her sharp eyes!

"If it weren't for Florentia, I would be lonely until I die."

Claryvan bowed his head with a big smile at the old memory that was overwhelming even then he thought of it now.

"Thank you, Gallahan."

Claryvan then said, fixing the basket and grabbing it.

"Have a good evening with your family."

That's when Claryvan greeted politely and tried to pass by Gallahan's side.

But

Gallahan's hand grabbed Claryvan's shoulder.

"...Gallahan?"

Claryvan's eyes shook as he looked down at Gallahan's hand holding him.

"Why...?"

"Sir Claryvan."

Gallahan asked with a distinctive grin.

"Where are you going?"

"The dinner is about to begin, so I shall go to my room..."

"Would it be okay to just eat dinner with such food?"

Gallahan said, pointing at the basket.

"No, I'm really good...."

"I'm not okay."

Gallahan was still smiling.

His smiling face was clearly the same, but his green eyes were fierce.

Claryvan somehow got a little scared.

Gallahan's fingertips, holding his shoulder, also dug a little deeper.

"Gall....Lord Gallahan?"