Chapter 232

A/N: I will not bold the entire scene, but this is the flashback on how Perez used the entire 'poisoning' situation into his plan. Happy reading! 

----------

Otua's maid of honor looked at the person in front of her with fearful eyes.

The young man with black hair and reddish red eyes had such an outstanding appearance that anyone would be mesmerized by.

However, for the maid-in-honor, he was the scariest and most fearful man more than anyone else.

"The Empress has given you orders?"

The body of the maid, who was overly tense at Perez's low voice, winced greatly.

"Yes, it's the poison of the Titi spider. She said to put it in Your Majesty's liquor right now..."

The maid of Otua put the small bottle in her hand on the table with a trembling hand.

"The poison of a Titi spider."

Perez smiled as he reached out and rolled the small bottle out of his grasp.

If the Empress didn't move, he thought he would move himself.

"I guess, I'm lucky."

The maid of Otua sat still with her head down at the words of the Second Prince, whose language was unknown.

(A/N: Earlier in the translation two languages were mentioned, I think it's Korean and English. At first I was confused, then on this part, the word 'English' was brought up again. So I assumed that the maid wasn't particularly familiar with the Empire's language, which is English? or Korean? But that's the gist.)

"I didn't expect the Empress to save me trouble."

It was shortly after returning from the Academy that the Second Prince first visited the maid of Otua's home.

He said, 'If the Empress wants to harm His Majesty, come to me and let me know first.'

That's the reason behind the cost of money coming into Otua maid's secret account every year.

The salary of the Emperor's maidservant was not small.

However, it was a literally breathtaking money for the maid of Otua, who spent most of her time in her family's hometown, and it wasn't an easy life.

Although she had the Empress backing her up, she wasn't loyal.

She was black mailed with her family as hostage and she was compelled to listen to her command.

However, the situation has become increasingly strange recently.

Each time the Second Prince moved, the Empress' power was noticeably diminished, and eventually the even the Western owner changed.

The maid of Otua was terribly afraid of the Second Prince.

She can't even meet his eyes properly.

Well, there was a reason for that fear.

"What should I do?"

The maid of Otua asked carefully.

The answer was a fixed question.

The maid came to see the Second Prince with the thought of breaking the Empress' order to kill the Emperor.

"Put it in."

"...Yes?"

"As the empress told you, put the poison in his bottle."

"Huh...but.."