Chapter Twenty Eight: Dimitrescu's Revenge

Alcina and Lilith were speeding through the dungeons like bats out of hell, getting more and more anxious. Alcina especially struggled to remain calm, checking each cell briefly for her daughter. Lilith glanced back hearing other footsteps behind them, and saw the twin wolves, sprinting to keep up with them. Lilith ran past Alcina, about to check another cell when she heard a faint ticking noise. She was too late, not realizing in time.

"Lilith! Bomb!" Alcina yelled, reaching for the wolf. Lilith turned her head, just as the bomb exploded, sending the wolf flying into the wall.

"Who's leaving their fucking bombs lying around?" Lilith groaned drunkenly, swaying slightly from the impact.

"Love, are you alright?" Alcina asked as the wolf leaned against her for support. She shook her head to try and steady herself.

"All good, love. Lily, Amy, please run ahead and check for any other bombs. Sniff them out and be careful!" Lilith said as Alcina helped to steady the wolf. The twins ran ahead and carefully checked for any other bombs. Lilith managed to stop swaying as her dizziness subsided.

"No more bombs, mom!" Amy called. They heard Bela scream again, this time accompanied by the voices of Donna and Daniela, screaming inaudible words. The twins stepped aside as Alcina flew past them, closely followed by Lilith.

"You will pay for that, you piece of shit!" they heard Bela yell, followed by a pained scream of a man. They reached the furthest cell, seeing Daniela unconscious with Donna trying to wake her. Bela had someone pinned against the wall, her scythe pressed against his neck. The dungeon was dark, lit only by a single candle. Lily ran over and checked on Daniela. Alcina's heart was racing, her cheeks warm with rage when she gently placed a hand on Bela's shoulder. With angry tears in her eyes, Bela doesn't remove her gaze from the man, stepping aside so that her mother could see. Alcina clenched her jaw and fists, her heartbeat ringing in her ears.

"Well, well. Ethan Winters. You have no idea how happy I am to see you." Alcina said with so much hate and anger in her voice that even Lucifer would be scared of her. Ethan looked up, with tears in his eyes, nearly swollen shut from the beatings Bela gave him.

"H-how are you monsters still alive?!" he choked, as blood escaped his mouth. Alcina slapped him so hard that he lost consciousness for a moment.

"Shut your filthy mouth. You do not get to ask questions." she hissed.

"Bela, Donna, how did you find him? Are you two alright?" Lilith asked baring her teeth at him.

"I'm not sure, Lilith. We found him outside the main entrance. He was tied up." Bela said, sniffing. She looked over to Donna.

"He's got incredible healing abilities. The blood in the foyer is his. He hit Daniela, knocking her out." Donna said, wiping blood from her mouth. Alcina never looked away from Ethan, her eyes filled with hurt and anger.

"My love, please go and fetch Cassandra. She needs to be here for this." she said, shackling Ethan by his hands to chains hanging from the roof. Lilith sprinted out of the dungeon and up the stairs, growling loudly as she ran through the halls. She found Cassandra in her room watching a movie with Grace. Both women jumped up in surprise, seeing the frantic wolf burst through the doors.

"Lilith? What's going on?" Cassandra asked, visibly getting anxious. Lilith watched as Grace took her hand, calming her slightly.

"Your mother is looking for you. She's got that bastard Ethan Winters chained up in the dungeons. We thought you might want some closure." Lilith panted, the wolf's tongue hanging from her mouth. Her excitement became hard to control, as she paced back and forth in front of the other two. Cassandra gave her a look and a stern nod, giving her the answer.