Chapter 8. Big Reunion

PAW Patrol had finally made it to Adventure City after flying in the sky for many hours. "We're finally here!" the pups yelled. "Adventure City, here we go!" Ryder said. Down below in the city, Mayor Humdinger was having a big meeting. He hadn't heard of the news of the Paw Patrol pups breaking free and Ryder breaking free. The policemen at prison didn't want to tell Mayor Humdinger because they knew they would meet the worse of the crazy mayor. Only the police, Butch and Ruben knew about Ryder's escape. The people who were in charge of the pup prison hadn't told Mayor Humdinger about all of the dogs breaking free.

They were beaten too badly to even move. "Ladies and gentlemen!" Mayor Humdinger's voice boomed in the loud speaker. "I am very proud to say that all dogs in Adventure City have been taken out and are now in pup prison. The city is so much more better without dogs. I am making a new law that no dogs are allowed to be kept and only cats are allowed in this amazing city. If my law is broken, that person will be put into prison.

And with the Paw Patrol all locked up, my fame has been saved. They will never be here to humiliate me or destroy my fame. For as long as I'm mayor, I will turn this city into the best city all of you have ever been to. If only you guys knew the plans I have to rebuild this city and make it really Adventure City".

The audience didn't cheer with joy or enthusiasm. They made boring faces and disgusted faces at Mayor Humdinger. Only one firework was thrown into the air. While Mayor Humdinger was enjoying the boring praise and cheers, Butch tapped him on the shoulder. "What do you want? Why can't an old man enjoy some cheers and fireworks?!" Mayor Humdinger yelled.

"Look" Butch pointed to the sky.

Mayor Humdinger looked to the sky and saw it. The Air Patroller was getting ready for landing. When everyone saw the Air Patroller, they started cheering with so much energy and screaming "Paw Patrol! Paw Patrol! Paw Patrol!".

"Everyone, be quiet!" Mayor Humdinger yelled.

But no one paid any attention to the crazy old man. "How did the Paw Patrol break free?!" Mayor Humdinger yelled at Butch and Ruben. "I don't know" they replied. "How could you not know? They were suppose to be locked up!" the mayor yelled. The Air Patroller landed and the Paw Patrol jumped out, welcomed by the crowd who were cheering nonstop.

Mayor Humdinger looked at them with a disgusting look. "Didn't I tell you. The Paw Patrol will never be defeated nor destroyed" Ryder said.

"Get out of my face!" Mayor Humdinger shouted. Rubble stuck his big tongue out at the mayor and then laughed.

"Nasty dog!" Humdinger shouted.

Ryder walked to the speaker and cleared his throat, silencing the crowd and getting their attention. "Now I know everyone must be very surprised that we broke free from prison. Not only did we break free, but my pups here lead by Chase had freed all of your guy's dogs" Ryder said.

The crowd gasped in shock. The dogs in the Air Patroller came pouring out and running to their owner's in the crowd. The people were laughing with joy, tearing up with happiness and hugging their dogs. Ryder and his pups smiled happily for the people. Anger was bubbling in Mayor Humdinger's heart. He couldn't believe what was happening.

"Humdinger, you are under arrest" Chase said. "You can't arrest me. I'm a mayor and you're a puppy" Humdinger said.  "Well I'm a cop and you're a mayor" Chase turned it around. Ryder took out some hand cuffs and showed it to Humdinger. "These are the same hand cuffs that were put on my hands. Now it's your turn to wear them" Ryder said.

Police car's arrived and Mayor Humdinger was hand cuffed and taken to prison. When Mayor Humdinger was taken, the Paw Patrol turned to the crowd. The crowd cheered, praised and thanked them for freeing their dogs.

With Mayor Humdinger gone, it was time for a new mayor to be elected.