Chapter 14

(Y/N POV)
After a long cry in my room I decided to grow a fucking pair and go sort this shit out myself. Like I always have to do. I hop out of my bed and change into fresh clothes. Heading out of my room.

I head up to the main business area of the tower a couple floors up from the living quarters. If Fury was here he'd be there. Stepping out of the elevator and walking down the hall and spotting Maria Hill. "Hey Maria?!" I call out and she spins and quickly notices me. "y/n, How can I help you?" she asks kindly. "Help a girl out and tell me where Fury is please?" I ask hopefully. "Conference room 6 but he's not alone so-" she says but you cut her off "Thank you! I owe you a drink ok?!" I shout as I scurry off. "I'll hold you too it" she yells back making me smile.

I bust into the conference room. Whatever sadness and self pity I had is now at the stage where it's replaced with pure anger. I didn't care who was inside all I knew was Fury needed to be put into his pathetic little place. He's gone too far this time.

I walk in pointing at Fury not even taking notice to the people sitting on the chairs. "Fury you fucking bastard!" I snap. Fury turns and looks at me shocked. He gives me a look to try calm me down but I'm having none of it. I turn and see Steve and Tony sitting at the table. Both looking extremely upset and uncomfortable. I know they've been talking about me....bastards. But I need to stay in control. They need to know they can't keep walking all over me like this. I'm a member of this team too.

"Rogers, Stark! Good we're all already here!" I chirp sarcastically happy. They look up at me and I lock eyes with Steve. Those blue eyes have so much emotion in them. They make me weak to my knees. But I can't be weak, not anymore.

Steve and Tony both sit silent knowing  all too well if they spoke right now they'd loose their lives.

"You had no right, you broke my trust and the Avengers confidentiality requirement!" I say  with a terrifyingly calm tone.

"y/n listen I'm sorry ok. I swear I was looking out for you in the only way I thought I could!" Fury defends.
I scoff at him. Steve exhales loudly in his chair so I send him a piercing glare and he sinks back into his chair. I turn my attention back to Fury.

"Don't play me like I'm some victim Nick. I know all your tricks, you taught em to me! I snicker.
Tony and Steve's heads snap up at my tone, they're shocked. I know they expect pathetic tears but I'm so past all that shit. Steve's eyes go wide at me.

I take a deep breath. I don't want to share but I have to, it's out now and I have to explain. "Two years before I joined the Avengers I was in a relationship with a bad man who used to hurt me ok? He hurt me a lot and all the time" I sigh hating that I have to relive it again. "y/n you don't have to" Steve mutters causing our eyes to lock once more. It was like it was just us in the room. "Yes, yes I do" I say directly at him. He frowns but nods. Tony is still silent.

"One day we where...arguing in the kitchen again and I talked back so he lunged at me. Finally done with his shit I shoved him backwards. He was so angry and I was terrified so I shoved him backwards and he hit his head on the counter behind him" I explain, my voice level and calm.

Steve's eyes never leave me, they're glassy and sad which makes my heart sore. I didn't want to tell him like this. I wanted us to have a chance but this job doesn't allow us. I can't allow us. The room was silent waiting for me to continue so I did.

"Bastard died on impact...I called 911 but it was too late. I was trialed and proved innocent. I'm no fucking killer" I spit the last words annoyed.
"I didn't feel the need to tell anyone other than Fury cause it was my past but you men can never let anything be". Fury is speechless and I know Steve is fighting the urge to punch him in the face.

But Tony just stands up and walks straight past me out the door. Like I wasn't even there. He hates me.

But I knew everyone wouldn't be understanding, they'll never understand. They weren't there. They don't know who I was back then. I was so different.

"He'll come around y/n" Fury mumbles. Steve stands up to go after Tony. "Leave him Steve" I order and he nods. "This isn't going to affect my job cause I left it in my past, I volunteer for the next mission Fury" I say confidently knowing I need to get back to normal. This is my job and nobody is taking it away.

Fury nods knowing not to argue with me and I turn on my heels strutting out of the room feeling sad but victorious. I just dominated a room of alpha males and I felt so fucking good about it. I was sick of men using and abusing me. I worked so hard to get where I am today and nobody and I mean nobody. Is going to make me feel like I don't deserve it when I do.

(STEVE POV)
Still standing I watch y/n walk out of the room. She was so powerful. She walked into the room and demanded our attention. I speak for all of us when saying we where petrified to speak. She was so strong going through all that but still not fearing men. Fury was guilt ridden and I knew it. The whole time I was fighting the urge to deck him in the face.

The way she looked at me has me worried though. She looked sad as if she was ending what we have by coming in here. I couldn't let that happen but how do I stop her if she says she doesn't want us. I can't force her....I would never do that. But if she shuts me out again... I don't know what I'll do.

She's made me a better person. Since she's given me a chance I've been happier. Others have noticed my change in mood and it's all because of her. I adore her..... I think I'm falling for her.

1147 words
Hello m'loves! Hope your all well. Sorry this is a short one guys. Hope you enjoined it anyway. I love you all🦋❤️