Sokeefe one-shot :: I fell in love with a prince

Sophie rested her head on the silk pillow, she wasn't used to this. The grand bedroom, the endless closet, the beautiful garden and the palace itself. She didn't ask for this... was this what she wanted?

She heard a knock from the door, "Come in" she quietly said. She heard footsteps make way towards her and a body sitting next to her on the bed. A strong but gentle hand rested on her shoulder.

"How are you doing?" Keefe's voice whispered, Sophie turned around to face him and stared at his ice blue eyes with an intensity that told him to stay.

"This isn't what I asked for," she said, her voice unwavering.

"What?"

Sophie sighed. "All I wanted was a guy who would love me, care for me, always be there for me... and I thought I found him in you, I thought you were a normal teenager, just with a thick British accent." Her gaze drifted to the blanket she was fiddling with between her hands. "But behold, you had to be even more abnormal than me. You're the crown prince of England for crying out loud!" She huffed.

Keefe looked slightly hurt and he quickly covered it up, even if what Sophie said might have hurt him... it was true. She didn't ask for a prince as a boyfriend, she just wanted a normal guy like any other, a guy with a big heart who could understand her. And she found that in Keefe, ever if she didn't exactly like this lifestyle, she wouldn't let him go. She couldn't.

"Keefe," she said, her voice down to a whisper. "I was so heart-broken when you left California to go back to England, our promise to visit each other was what made me unlock my bedroom door. And- and when I come to visit you after six months, you suddenly live in a castle! Engaged to a Barbie doll no less. And when I came to see you, you were wearing all of these badges and royal clothing... you- you didn't look like the guy I fell in love with. The guy who loves E.L fudges, the artist who made me paintings so I would remember you... the guy who would always know how to raise my spirits and understand me in a way no one could." Sophie gazed through the widow, the sun barely showing and stars were already flickering in the night sky above. Keefe cradled her cheeks and made her face his way.

"Foster... I'm the same person you knew. I never changed Sophie and I never will. I love you with all my heart and some engagement isn't gonna to distance us. If- if you aren't happy like this, I'm not forcing you. You can go back home as soon as you want... but I will always love you, I want to fight for this relationship, I just wish you would be by my side. And you have no idea, how much I missed you Foster," Keefe said with that gentle voice Sophie couldn't get enough of. They rested their foreheads together and closed their eyes.

Sophie thought about a life with Keefe, coming home to see him with a smile. All the adventures they'd have, all the moments they'd laugh and love together. "I might not like it now... but this is an adventure that I'm willing to take. I'm gonna fight by your side, and never let go."

A/N: So...? How was it? I just got the idea and I had to write it. So, here it is! I would actually love this to be a fully story tho... who knows, maybe if I get better as a writer I might do it :)