Chapter 10: Atlantia

When I showed up to school the next morning, Scott informs me that Jackson bought a ticket to a rave that was happening Friday night. He tried to get tickets but they closed down before he could and he also didn't have money for tickets since they were seventy-five dollars.

"You need to get tickets." Scott told me as we walked down the hall toward English. "Jackson has to be going after a victim there."

"Why do you think I can get tickets?" I ask him, "I don't even know who is selling. It's so secretive that no one knows when or where tickets are being sold."

"You're one of the popular ones at the school." Stiles said, "I doubt that they would let you not get tickets." I didn't believe him but I should have because during lunch on Friday, one of the guys in my latin class approached me and asked if I had gotten tickets for the rave. Few minutes later, I was the proud owner of three tickets and was going to give two of them to Stiles and Scott but it turns out they didn't need it because Isaac had coerced a seller into giving him two tickets. If the rumors were anything to go by, I'm pretty sure Isaac had beat up the kid to ensure that he got tickets.

Anyway, before we went to the rave, we had to stop at Deacon's office since he had found the mountain-ash that I had requested. Stiles was confused why we were pulling him along to this meeting but Deaton must have figured that Stiles was the best bet to be able to put the mountain ash around the warehouse and Deaton had also come up with an idea to subdue Jackson enough for us to figure out how to help him since the whole week I couldn't find anything in the books I had that told you how to stop him.

"What do you got Deaton?" I ask as I step into the vet's office. Deaton smiles before gesturing for the three of us to follow him into his examination room. He grabs a needle and a bottle of medicine.

"Ketamine?" Scott asks looking at the bottle.

"It's the same stuff we use on the dogs, just a higher dosage." Deacon explains before sliding the noodle and medicine toward Scott, "If you can get close enough to Jackson, it should slow him down enough to buy you some time." Deacon then turns to grab a bottle behind him. Instantly, I know it was mountain ash. Unlike most supernatural, I could touch it and hold it and survive but being around it can push my siren to the forefront and make me more dangerous. It would make me more prone to giving into the urges my siren was having as I got closer to my eighteenth birthday, my awakening. So, I guess you could say I couldn't touch it unless you want me to drain a man's blood filled with lust so I could feed. It wasn't necessary to survive but it would make me more powerful.

Anyway, I had taken a step back once I saw the mountain ash in such a high amount. My hold on my siren broke slightly as my eyes became slitted for a moment and my scales appeared on my arms but I easily shifted back and pushed my siren down.

"Atlantia, you alright?" Scott asked grabbing my arm.

"This is mountain ash from the Moutain Ash tree, which is believed by many cultures to protect against the supernatural. This office is lined with ashwood, making it difficult for someone like Scott to cause me any trouble but as you can see as someone as powerful Atlantia, it only brings her siren to the surface." Deacon explains, "That is why this part is for you, Stiles, only you."

"Uh, that sound like a lot of pressure...can we maybe find a slightly less pressure-filled task for me?" Stiles says nervous.

"He will just be creating a barrier with the mountain ash, right?" I say making it sound slightly more easier for Stiles sake. Deaton nods.

"Okay, so then what? I just spread this around the whole building, and then either Jackson or whoever's controlling him can't cross it?" Stiles says taking the bottle in his hand.