s o l e m n

1st POV: Kai's

Ever since Seohyun had seen Mayuko and her baby, she wasn't the same. And, I had to admit it to myself that I wasn't the same also. The girl I hated with a passion had given birth to a son that came from me. I couldn't deny the small speck of warmth that flowed through me along with the shock. It was just like that. 

The reason I probably I was happy, because Seohyun couldn't have children. That was why I was so eager to take him from Mayuko and give it to her, but after she told me that I did and said some things to her, it made me eager to know what it was. It wasn't mere curiosity either, because deep inside I knew there was something missing from this damaged memory. Also, inside my chest, in my heart, it was in pain, but I couldn't help but be cruel to her, because that was all I knew.

My memory stopped at the mansion when she was there, but there was nothing special there.

You can say it was childish, but I couldn't help it. When I looked at her, she acknowledged someone else. After I had lost Seohyun to my father, I became angry and my own father suggested me to get over her, by making a place of dark nights, exotic nights. I knew it was cruel, disgusting and wrong to take these weak women by force and make them enslaved, but I did it because I was hoping my dad would see that it was just as foul. But, he didn't. Rather he was glad that I wasn't enslaved to a poor girl. A poor girl, he forced to have an abortion.

After that Seohyun was the most pitiful person I had ever seen and my dad sent her away. I would have gone after her, but my own father would have hurt her even more. But, he did when her mother died from a sickness she couldn't even pay for a hospital bill for. 

Seohyun was gone from me and anger was only left. I took it all out on a girl that wouldn't look at me when I was looking at her. But after that...what happened?

I was first being ignorant because I had Seohyun, but when I was with her, I couldn't love her like I thought I would. My heart was shut. I only felt sorrowful for what I did to her. What happened? Did something go wrong?

That is why I need to know what happened after I hated Mayuko. When I was hospitalized, no one knew what happened in my past. Only Sehun and he never told me straight out what happened. It was more than a small argument. I would never strike my fists unless I was trying to protect someone.

Someone precious to me.

And Mayuko did come in mind, but it didn't make any sense. Every time I try to remember, I would feel a gush of pain in my head. The doctors told me its memories that haven't been revealed, but it won't come to me unless it's natural.

That's why this girl I was now staring at with defiance, I had to know every single thing about her.

Give me back my memory so I can give Seohyun what she deserves.

 She deserves my love for being in pain so long.

.I can't give it to her, till I know what effect you had on me.