four: aftermath

brief abuse trigger warning
please do not read if it could trigger you!

somehow this story is eighth with the arizona tag? idk how that works. i kind of forgot about this lmao but here's another update.

——————————————————————————

[ Later that night ]

Fuck I screwed up. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. My head keeps spinning, all I want to do is sleep.

My head feels so crowded but also so empty at the same time. I feel my legs constantly shaking and I feel myself close to passing out as I struggle to walk back to my apartment. I hear footsteps behind me and I don't even have the energy to look at who it is.

"Hey!"

It's Jackson. I continue walking, not wanting to converse with anyone right now.

"Y/n!" He yells as he steps in front of me.

"What?" I manage to mumble.

"Where are you going?" Jackson asks concerned.

"Home," I reply trying not to slur my words. I've had way too much to drink.

"Not in this state by yourself. How long have you been walking? You're glad my place is down here that I found you. Let me take you home."

"No, I'm fine," I struggle.

Without saying anything he places my arm around his shoulder and supports my weight by letting me lean on him as we continue walking.

"I screwed up, Jackson."

"Let's not worry about anything right now, let's just get you home." He reassures me.

After a few more minutes, we stop outside a tall building that I don't recognise.

"This isn't my place."

"I know, I know. It's mine, it's closer." Jackson responded, "I don't know what you were thinking trying to walk to yours, it would've taken you ages, especially in your state. I'll sleep on the couch."

I look up at him and smile.

I don't deserve him in my life.

As soon as we enter his apartment, I pass out on his bed.

[ The next morning ] ——————————————

The first thing I notice when I wake up is the throbbing pain coming from my head. Before I can even wonder what happened the night before I feel the need to throw up. I unravel myself from the sheets and without thinking I put my head out the window.

Oops, I'm in an apartment complex. Wait, where the fuck am I? Oh my god. Did I sleep with someone last night?

I slowly exit the room and to my surprise, I see Jackson in the kitchen.

Oh my god. I slept with Jackson.

I stare at him waiting for him to say something.

"Good sleep?" He smiles at me.

"I- Did we?..." I hesitate.

"Did we what?" He pauses. "Oh! No, No."

"Thank god," I said relieved. He almost looks hurt at this comment and I feel bad. "So, what happened?"

"You were drunk and I wanted you to be safe so I let you sleep here. I slept on the couch." He says.

"You know you didn't have to."

"I know."

"So, do you have any plans for today?" I ask.

"No, just chilling, I think. Do you want to stay here for a bit or do you need a ride to your place or anything?"

"Uh, I think I'll just walk, I need to clear my head anyway. Thank you, though." I reassure.

"All good, see you later."

[ later on ] ———————————————————

I'm walking the long way to my place, thinking the fresh air would be good for me.

God. I can't remember anything. My head still hurts really bad and It's making me so anxious thinking about anything that could've happened. I've been trying not to drink so much but I just get so carried away, which always just makes me feel guilty. So why do I keep doing it?

Suddenly I receive a call. The name startled me and I drop my phone.

"Shit." It's my fucking ex-boyfriend.

Why the fuck is he calling me?

"Loughlin, why are you calling?" I answer quietly.

"Jeez. Ok I just miss you"

"Ok and?"

"You don't have to be rude, I just want you to come home." He says.

"What do you mean? I can't just go home?"

"Why not?"

"Because I have work, I have friends. I have a life here already. You know that."

"Already? You've moved on that fast already?" He asks.

"What do you mean already? I've been here for 2 whole months?"

"Of course, great, you've fucked around already."

"Are you serious? That's not what I meant." I deny.

"Fine, I just hate the way we ended things, okay? I want to see you so we can have a proper goodbye, is that so bad?"

"But that was your fault," I respond.

"What did you just say?."

"Nothing, never mind."

"No, what did you say?" He demands.

"I said it was your fault, the way we ended things."

"Are you serious? Are you dumb? Are you actually stupid?"

"No I just- ok never mind, this is why I didn't want to speak to you," I reply.

"You know, I thought it would be nice to give you a nice phone call and speak to you but you're just being the classic bitch you are. I thought I taught you a lesson last time."

"Ok I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me. You just shocked me, I didn't expect to hear from you, that was all."

"I don't even want to hear it y/n. I don't know what it's going to take to get through to you. Should I beat you up like last time? I have your location you know, I could go there right now."

I hang up the call.

He can't actually do that right? How could he have my location? Even if he's lying, he could still come and find me. He knows where I work.

——————————————————————————

I don't know if i'll keep updating this, we'll see.