Dreams to nightmares

*Y/n's POV*

Y/n: "well the first thing we need is a lead. Detective, was there anything found that you would consider out of the ordinary?"

Decker: "besides the large crate of drugs downstairs? Well, several large slash marks that seemed to be made from a sword coated in some kind of fast acting acid which seemed to melt some of the stone work around it. Then there was this found in one of your friends hands."

She hands me a matte pink business card in an evidence bag. On the front are the words 'Mara's city of dreams'. I groan

Y/n: "this psycho? Great."

Lucifer: "now hold on. I know this place. It's a strip club a few streets away, haven't had the chance to go myself."

Decker: "seems it was planted in the body's hand deliberately. Placed after death."

Y/n: "fucking Mara... yeah she's a crazy woman who doesn't take no for an answer. She's kinda... obsessed with me."

Decker: "obsessed in what way?"

I give the detective a look of confusion
Y/n: "put it this way: she spent an entire day following me around just to follow me home and beg me to be hers."

Decker: "did she follow you here?"

I nod. Then my brain hits onto something. I flip the business card over and there it is.
Y/n: "Lucifer look."

The other side of the card has several golden shards slowly combining to form a tower
Lucifer: "the Tower of Babel. It's not you she wanted to have, it's the shard you found."

Decker: "what shard? What does this mean!"

Lucifer: *sighs* "believe me detective you wouldn't believe me if I told you. But sufficed to say we have our lead. Whether she's a stalker or a religious fanatic, it's a lead."

Y/n: "great. Off to see my psycho stalker then."

Decker: "well if she's as crazy about you as you say, then this is where we need to go next. I'll get a swat team together and we'll swarm the-"

Lucifer: "-now hold on detective. I have an idea."

*TIMESKIP*
I'm wearing a blindfold and being led by Lucifer into Mara's club.

Y/n: "can't believe I let you talk me into this..."

Lucifer: "trust me, this is a good idea."
I can't see anything but I can hear Lucifer speaking to who I can only assume is the receptionist "hello there, we're here to have this young man enjoy his birthday. Under the name of Y/N L/N."

Receptionist: "ah yes we have..." I hear her tapping on the keyboard "oh, the management have upgraded you to a private booth in the back. Must be a favoured guest."

Y/n: "bro, where have you taken me?" I ask playing along

Lucifer: "oh don't worry you'll see in a moment. Right well we'll make our way to the booth. Thank you."

We walk in and lucifer takes us straight to the private room in the back.
Lucifer: "well she knows you're here. I can only assume she'll be joining us here in-" I hear the door open then shut. I remove my blindfold and there she is. Mara. "-right on time, Mara."

Mara: "Y/n

Mara: "Y/n. A-after all this time asking you to come visit me, and here you are. Welcome."

Lucifer smirks as he sizes her up as a threat
Lucifer: "I must say you're quite stunning for a murderer."

Mara: "I beg your pardon? Who are you exactly?"

Lucifer: "Lucifer Morningstar at your service. This is my brother Y/n but you know that very well. You also know about the massacre and the divine item which Y/n here found and sold. And that same sword was then used in a murder last night."

Mara's entire body posture changed. She smiled and sat down opposite us
Mara: "I'm impressed that the devil knows so much. You're partially correct but as usual for you of the divine, you're also very wrong." She looks at me and gives a smile of almost pure pleasure "time is a funny thing. Artefacts from the divine help us see that which we shouldn't. A shard is only one piece of the whole truth. One shard can give you glimpses into things you could only dream of."

Lucifer: "get to the point."

Mara: "the point is that I know who is sharing your form Y/n. It has been foretold that you would meet Zarathos, and that you would be the final piece."

Y/n: "you mean find the final piece?"

Mara: "both." She reaches out her hand and from her sleeve comes hundreds of tiny golden shards. They all quickly connect to form a beautiful and decorative golden sword. "The sword of Babel. It allows the user to understand any language. But more than that. Leave here and return to your club." She commands to Lucifer. His eyes go milky white as he stands and walks out

Y/n: "hey wait!"

Mara: "Zarathos, stop Y/n from moving."
My body freezes and I sit back down. But I didn't do it."

Mara: "the sword allows you to command anyone who has a spoken language. Even the divine." Mara stands up and straddles my lap. Her fingers caressing my lips

Y/n: "what are you doing?!"

Mara: "I'm enjoying my prize. All of this. The shards, the deaths... all so I could get you here. Because I love you, Y/n. Ever since I found my shard of Babel I knew how to get to this moment. To have the perfect man. And to have the new god as our child. Two humans, one with the soul of both mortal and demon inside. Divinity and mortality."

Y/n: "I'm not doing a damn thing!" I try to struggle but I can't move anything but my face.

Mara: "you don't have a choice. Well actually, you do. But until you choose to accept me as your lover, I'll have to keep using this" she runs the sword blade between her fingers "to ensure you remain subservient. Now then, come on. Let's get you home. Follow me."

My body stands as she stands from my lap and ushers me to follow her out the club into her waiting car.

Mara: "sleep until I tell you." She whispers into my ear... my body goes limp as my eyes suddenly become very heavy, and slowly I fall asleep as the car begins to move off.