〈 k.izana 〉― bday special

kurokawa izana x gender neutral! reader:—

sort of angst [?] ✓

fluff ✓

birthday special ✓

WHEN YOU invited Izana for a date, he wasn't surprised. It was his birthday after all, he was quite delighted to hear though. But he was still wondering why you invited him for a beach date...at 7:00PM.

You offered to drive his bike to the beach today, with him in the rear. He accepted, of course. You tried to make it as obvious as possible that there was a surprise waiting for him. You were aware of the fact that simple surprise birthday parties won't actually surprise this man. So you tried a different approach.

Arriving at the beach, the first thing you both notice was see silvery-navy velvet waters simmer under the moonlight. 

Izana wondered why there weren't any cops, or life guards nearby, it was especially dangerous at night so he was suspicious from the get-go. He kept quite though, he didn't want to ruin your excitement.

"Let's go." You motioned towards the sea by tilting your head and extended your hand with a small smile. To which Izana responded with a smile and took your hand. The both of you walked towards the open waters, the feeling of soft sand tickling your toes sparked a sort of happiness within you, it was nice.

"What's all this about?" Izana asked playfully, following you into the sea.

"You know what this is about.." You muttered and rolled your eyes, "Quit playing dumb." 

He chuckled at your attitude, soon turning towards the blue waters, a soft smile ever present.

"Happy birthday, Izana." You said, the soft, cool breeze embracing your face.

His smile was now even wider, he turned around to face you, ready to give you a kiss, "Thank you— Why are you drinking sea water?" He blinked upon seeing you lick the water present in your hands that were formed into a cup shape.

You instantly spit it out as soon as the salty flavor crash your taste buds. "It's salty.." 

"Obviously it is. It's sea water. Are you dumb?" 

"It's not as salty as you.."

"Listen here you lil shit—"

You burst into a series of joyful laughter, enjoying his pissed state. Izana just blankly stared at your hysterical figure, it was his birthday, aren't you supposed to be cuddling him and showering him with kisses and love? You didn't meet him all day and suddenly called him at 7:00PM, and for what? To make fun of him? 

The truth is, he was pretty pissed that you, nor his friends, gave him a single call or text all day, but he held himself together by convincing himself that you all were planning a surprise.