〈 b.keisuke 〉ー「part one」

baji keisuke x gender neutral! reader「part one」:—

fluff ✓

arson ✓ 

BAJI COMMITED ARSON

BAJI COMMITED ARSON. But unfortunately for him, he was not as skilled in treating wounds which is why he ended up in the hospital after being graced by a first degree burn. So here he was, waiting for the doctor to hurry the fuck up while poking the antiseptic on his forearm on purpose and wincing every 5 seconds because the burn was painful as fuck. 

Well it wasn't that bad, but it still hurt like a bitch.

Why did he decide to set a cardboard box on fire? He doesn't know. How did he get a burn? Well after setting the box on fire, he saw a street cat beside it and went ahead and played hero. The cat was perfectly capable of protecting itself by the way. 

The rays of the sun revealed it's gentle strings through the glass panels, highlighting the white walls of the hospital with its golden glory. The raven haired boy closed his eyes and rested the back of his head on the wall, enjoying the warm silence. 

Well it didn't last long, as the door clicked upon and a woman in a pale blue scrub suit walked out. Her eyes scanned the clipboard in her hands and she then looked up to the 14 year old boy.

"You're Baji Keisuke, right?" She queried while adjusting her silver rimmed spectacles, 

"Yeah," He let out a tired breath, 

"How old are you?" 

"14."

"So you're a minor?"

Obviously, he rolled his eyes. "Yep." 

This nurse was wasting his precious time, and it doesn't help the fact that his arm was starting to feel worse, well that was on him since he was the one who agreed to wait. Apparently some dumb moron decided to break their leg on the same day and time as him, and also decided to visit the same damn hospital.

"Okay, well the doctor says the burn isn't that serious and it would heal in around two days. So, no need to worry, we'll just apply a more effective antiseptic and wrap it up."

You could've told that to me before, he internally groaned in annoyance, but simply nodded on the outside.

"Wait here, I'll get the supplies." And with that, she pivoted on her heel and went ahead to do the same.

He sighed, why the fuck were they so slow? He wasn't Takemichi, he didn't have all day. He looked out the window over his shoulder, and his eyes locked onto his bike. His friends must be riding the bike throughout the city and goofing around while he's stuck in this depressing atmosphere. 

Baji never liked hospitals, the sulking air, the suffocating smell of chemicals, the plain, mind numbing white walls and the glossy tiled floor. He hated it, so much. He made sure to make it a goal in life to never have his last moments in such a sad place. 

The door clicked open once more, and Baji looked up in mild surprise, done already?

Only this time, it was a tuff of your [H/C] hair. He noticed the broad plaster around your leg and instantly caught on, So they're the idiot who broke their leg.

"Hey," You started, lazily grinning while gripping the crutch in your left hand.

Baji simply nodded in response, going back to gazing at his arm. You noticed the slight burn on his hand and let out a sigh, "That burn is lit bro." You joked in attempts of being friendlier, he didn't laugh.

Normally he would have said something like, "You know the the metaphor, 'Break a leg!' is a metaphor for a reason, right?", but today was not the day. He was so drained of energy, he just didn't want to. Maybe it was the agonizing sensation of the burn, maybe it was the gloomy air of the hospital, who knows.

You nervously let out a small chuckle and internally cursed the nurse for taking so long. 

Baji noticed the awkward atmosphere and sighed for the umpteenth time, he opened his mouth and asked, "How did ya break your leg?"

"I stole a 5 year old's bike but it was too small so..." 

"How the fuck does that break a bone."

"I wasn't done talking." You grunted, "It was too small, so while riding it downhill I slipped and fell.."

"Why the fuck would you ride a tricycle downhill." He scrunched his face, severely judging you.

"I have a grudge against that kid." You scoffed, remembering the time the 5 year old and his gang beat you up. But before he could say anything, you cut him off, "Don't ask."

"Okay," He nodded and went back to fiddling with his arm, none of his business anyway.

"What about you?" 

"None of your business."

"Damn."

You looked around, unsure of what to do now that neither of you were speaking. Your eyes darted from the translucent glass door to the glossy white floor, from the white walls to black bike, from the window sill to the— Wait black bike?

"Hey hey hey, is that your bike?" You tapped his shoulder and pointed towards the said vehicle.

"Huh? Yeah," He paused, "How'd ya guess?"

"Just a gut feeling." Liar. You saw him riding the bike along the road a few days ago.

"Hm."

"I've always wanted to ride a bike.." You sighed, to which he simply hummed in response. "It's always been my dream to feel the cool air against my face as I make my merry way downtown on the sweet ride."

"Yeah it's pretty cool."

"I just want to ride a bike...once...just once before I die.."

"Good luck."

"But...my family cant afford one..."

"That sucks for you, not me though. Stay safe out there."

"Tsk." You kissed your teeth in dissapointment, why won't he get what you're implying? Is he that slow? Well you might as well say it to his face.

"But you...! You have a bike! You can take me on a rid—"

"Absolutely not."

"Eh? Why not?!"

Baji sighed, were you a risk taker or were you just dumb? Ironically, he was getting annoyed. Was this how the others saw him? 

"First off, your leg is broken, so it's dangerous. Second, you don't even know me, I could kidnap you for all you know."

"You could," You paused and curled your lips into a smile, 

"But I trust you not to."

AUTHORS NOTE !

AUTHORS NOTE !

this wasnt rlly a oneshot but ill publish part 2 later ☹️🙏

ok bye 🔥

-SORA.