〈 a.senju 〉― coffee shop au

akashi senju x gender neutral! reader:—

fluff ✓

coffee shop au! ✓

SENJU LOVED cafes, they were a perfect spot to rest at after a fight, or a long day of shopping

SENJU LOVED cafes, they were a perfect spot to rest at after a fight, or a long day of shopping. Or maybe she just loved seeing you. Love at first sight? Maybe. She grew intrigued of you when you first spilled ice coffee all over her, head to toe. Even though she forgave you, since you were cute, you were always ashamed.

After that incident, she showed up everyday. Was it irk you? Who knows. She loved the bashful looks you gave her every time you encountered her. You never served her again after that though, always coming up with one excuse or another and somehow convincing your co-worker to go serve the table Senju resided at.

Too bad for you, your co-worker took a day off. They said something about being sick and catching an extreme flu and diarrhea, well whatever it was, you knew they were lying. Asshole. But it's okay, all you have to do is not spill the food in your tray onto your customer. That's easy, right?

"Order for table 5 is done!" The chef called out to you, your hands slightly trembled and you internally cursed yourself. Why were you overreacting? Were you really that ashamed or were you just extremely nervous around cute girls?

You strode towards the blue eyed girl's table, wanting to do nothing but go home. She was alone this time so you concluded that she was definitely going to try and spark a conversation with you, you expected her to maybe give you a few remarks for last time, glare at you. But here she was grinning like a madman.

"Thank you for waiting, here's your order." You muttered, loud enough for her to hear. She grinned wider and nodded, soon diving into her food and drink.

You swore she was up to something since you saw a glint of mischief in her eyes. Well you deserved it, you supposed, since you spilled ice, bone chilling coffee all over her and mistook her for a guy. In front of the entire café. 

Unbeknownst to you, Senju did have her own plans, just not what you thought or expected. 

After getting some advice from her older brother, who, by the way was bluffing; she decided to finally get your number and maybe ask you out.

 After reading a few fanfictions; she came to the conclusion that waiters pass their number to the customer by writing it on the check. So she decided to do the same; just switch the roles.

All she needed to do this was; a pen and courage.

She had neither of those.

So here she was, face sweating and blood rushed cheeks, as you made your way to her table to get over with the payment.

"Here's your check." You placed the receipt in front of her.

"Y-yes." Let's do this.

 "Oh! Here's your pen," You tried not to sound as cringey as possible, but failed since that was your default setting.