41

"Who knew planning a wedding would be so hard?" Rachel complained.
"Nobody said it was easy, but no one ever said it would be this hard." Finn sang, quoting The Scientist. Rachel laughed and went over to hug her fiancé. She had just finished addressing all the invitations and Finn was making all the phone calls to various places.
Rachel went to check on Bud, who was sitting in front of the television, watching some cheesy cartoon. "Hey, you know what I think we need?" She asked.
Both boys turned to look at her. "I think we need a stay-cation."
"A what?" Finn asked.
"It's like a vacation, only you stay home. Obviously we can't afford to go somewhere, what with the wedding and all, but we do need a break."
"I think that sounds like a great idea!" Finn said, and Bud absentmindedly agreed and went back to his show. "What do we do?"
"That's a good question. What would you normally do on vacation?"
"Swim?" Finn suggested, even though it was winter in New York. "Probably not." He said, seeing Rachel's skeptical look. "Sightsee?"
"I guess we could do that here." Rachel said. "Bundle up, though, because it'll be cold."
They all got dressed and went to the places they'd never had the time to go before. Local places, like coffee shops, bookstores, and museums. All in all, it was the best stay-cation ever.