Chapter 1

The two took to wandering around the forest, with Rimuru basking in the sunlight. Raphtalia seemed to be doing the same, seeing as she hadn’t seen the outside in a very long time, the cave and Veldora becoming her new home. With Raphtalia holding Rimuru in her arms, her tail sways slightly reflecting her current mood of wonder and excitement. The lush greenery of the forest contrasting to the cave’s dark atmosphere, the sound of birds chirping sounding like a sweet melody to the racoon’s fluffy black ears.

‘I haven’t seen the outside in so long!’ Rimuru stated excitedly. ‘The air tastes so sweet! Not that I actually can taste….’

Raphtalia glanced down at the slime in her arms as he continued to enjoy nature. She couldn’t help but smile down at her new father, also taking joy from being out in the sun after so much time in that dark and damp cave.

Suddenly, there was the sound of multiple footsteps running towards them. Raphtalia seized her walking, her ears twitching and pointing towards the sound gradually getting louder the closer it got. Rimuru simply stared curelessly down the path.

A hoard of thin, badly armed, and seemingly terrified goblins appeared, standing in front of Rimuru and Raphtalia, shakily pointing their dull weapons at them.

“You there, stop!” the goblin up front, presumably the leader, said shakily.

Rimuru stared at the goblins in confusion when he felt Raphtalias’ trembling; he assumed it was because she was afraid of what people might think of her. ‘Raphtalia try to calm down, this could all be a misunderstanding.’ Rimuru reassured, Raphtalia’s trembling seized to small shivering.

“Strong one, do you have business here in the forest?” the lead goblin asked again. Rimuru looked side to side, unaware that the goblin was talking about him. He looked up at Raphtalia in confusion, earning a similar reaction from the demi-human.

‘W-Wait, you wouldn’t mean me?’ Rimuru asked shocked, the goblin nodded in conformation.

It took a second, but Rimuru managed to use his skills that he learned back at the cave to communicate with the goblins. For some reason, Veldora and Raphtalia could hear his thoughts when he projected them to the two, so he had been communicating mentally with Raphtalia as they travelled through the cave. He hopped out of Raphtalia’s arms and landed a few feet away from the goblins, preparing to greet the goblins.

‘Right, now...’

“Hello!!!” Rimuru bellowed, unknowingly using too much power. The goblins shivered in fear, and Raphtalia covered her sensitive ears, at his loud volume. “I’m Rimuru the slime! And this is my daughter Raphtalia Tempest! It’s nice to meet you all!!! ”

At this point, all the goblins had been knocked down and their weapons were on the ground. They trembled in fear at Rimuru loud voice. Raphtalia uncovered her ears and approached the slime, softly tapping the top of his slime body, causing him to turn to her.

“I think you s-scared them too much daddy...” Raphtalia stated meekly. Rimuru looked confused for a second before he turned back to the goblins, all of whom had assumed a bowing position with their hands and knees on the floor and their heads down.

“We’re well aware of how strong you are, sir!” The lead goblin spoke out, fear very apparent in his voice. “Please spear us from your all powerful voice!” Rimuru looked deep thought, and then tried speaking again.

“So, did you need something?” he whispered. The lead goblin raised his head to speak.

“We sensed a powerful monster and came here as a precaution.” The goblin responded.