Chapter 2

Within the three days that Rimuru was asleep, Raphtalia had refused to leave his side for anything. The goblins had tried plenty of times, but always failed. Though Raphtalia did get quite scare the morning after Rimuru fell unconscious, finding all the goblins had evolved and had gotten taller, especially the chief-

(>3<)*

She had woken up to something licking her face, and when she opened her eyes she was greeted by a large blue wolf with a horn protruding from his forehead. Not recognizing him, Raphtalia eyes started to water, and a whimper escaped her.

Before she could full on cry, the large wolf started to panic, “W-Wait! Wait! Lady Raphtalia, it’s me, Ranga!”

Hearing the name Rimuru had given the Direwolf the previous day, Raphtalia’s whimpering ceased for a moment, the only sound in the broken down tent was her soft hiccups.

“R-Ranga?” she asked quietly.

“Yes, it is I, Ranga the Tempest Wolf!” the now newly revealed ‘Ranga’ said with enthusiasm, happy that one of his new masters recognized him.

Raphtalia hesitantly reached out a hand towards Ranga’s head and started petting him, “You’re like a big puppy.”

Ranga laid down on ground and sat his head on to her lap, while Raphtalia continued to spoil him with petting and head rubs.

After a while, one of the goblins came in, and the whole cycle of Raphtalia freaking out repeated…

(>3<)*

On the third day…

Rimuru’s slime body started to stir before he jumped up, rejuvenated and full of new energy.

“Behold! I have recovered!” He exclaimed.

“Daddy!”

“Lord Rimuru, you’re awake!”

Two very different female voices called out to the awakened slime. Said slime went to face the voices before being hugged by tiny familiar arms.

“Daddy, you’re finally awake!” the familiar voice of his daughter, Raphtalia, cried happily.

“Raphtalia?” Rimuru noticed immediately that Raphtalia’s appearance had changed slightly.

She appeared a little taller, now standing at approximately 120cm and her dark brunette hair having grown longer. The most notable changes were how she didn’t appear as skinny as before but still appearing thin, and lastly her outfit. Her dirty and ripped dress was replaced by a poorly sewn together black material like dress that exposed her tiny, pale shoulders.

She also appeared cleaner, probably having been washed while he was asleep…

“I-is that r-really you?” Rimuru was baffled at her sudden change of appearance. Raphtalia nodded happily in response, happy that Rimuru finally woke up.

“Lord Rimuru, we’re so happy you’re finally awake!”

Finally acknowledging the other presence in the room, Rimuru turned around in Raphtalia’s arms. Crouched down to eye level with Rimuru, the woman that called out gently rubbed the top of his slimy body.

“It seems you’re finally feeling better,” standing back at her full height the woman made her way out of the tent, before turning back around and giving a friendly smile. “I’ll go fetch elder Rigurd for you.”

As she disappeared out the tent, Rimuru looked up at his daughter, who smiled down at him. “Who was that?”

“That was Haruna, daddy. You named her with all the other goblins and Direwolves, don’t you remember?” she asked innocently.