Prolouge

Fire.

Everything was covered head to toe in fire. Smoke was everywhere and infiltrating my lungs. The exits of the house were blocked off by pieces of the roof that came down. Even if they weren't I'd still be stuck here since some of the roof came down on me trapping my small body in this burning hell hole.

I'm gonna die. That's all I can think.

My mother and father weren't home they're at work and work until late so they wouldn't be here until 2:00 am. Before they went to work I told them I had a feeling of unease but they told me it was nothing. I guess that my body knew I was gonna die but I can't do anything about it. Right now all I can do is wait until I can't feel my lungs anymore and lose consciousness and then die.

Not even 16 yet and here I am about to die. It's not like I had anything going for me anyway. I wasn't the smartest person in school nor did I really have anything special about me and I didn't have friends either. So when I'm gone I'll only have my parents and teachers to remember me if they even liked me.

As it got harder and harder to stay awake fighting the burning feeling in my lungs I heard voices coming from outside. "Sir it seems to door is blocked so we can't get in to see if anyone's in there!" Yelled what I'm guessing to be a firefighter.

"Break the door down then! We're not gonna let a little obstacle like this get in our way from saving anyone who may be in there. Witnesses say it's been burning for about 15 minutes so it would be easy to break the door." Their boss yelled. All I can think is why aren't I dead yet if it's been that long. The average human can't survive without air for at least 2-5 minutes so if it's been that long without air I should've been long dead.

Maybe it's my body trying to cling to life when my mind already accepted it. More pieces of the roof came down around me as I lay there helplessly. Dark spots start to cloud my vision as my eyes got heavier. I could feel my heart rate slowing down in my chest.

A loud noise comes from the front of the house. I'm assuming they broke the door down the rubble that was blocking it. "Okay search the house!" The same voice that told them to break the door shouted. I heard heavy footsteps run around the house looking for any signs of life.

"Hey! Is anyone still in here!" A new voice shouted near me. Of course, he's not gonna see me. I'm small for my age and trapped underneath huge pieces of fallen roof.

"Help..." I unconsciously whisper out. "Please... help me," I say again moving my arm that wasn't entirely trapped under the fallen roof. It hurt to move my arm but if I live it can be healed. Once I'm dead I'm gone no second chances. After I moved my arm it made some of the fallen roof on me shift and make noise. The person must have heard it since they looked the way of where the noise came from.

They came rushing over moving the flaming roof off of me. Or trying at least. "Don't worry I'll get you outta here." They said. "Hey! There's a kid trapped! I need help!" The firefighter yelled out. Two pairs of heavy footsteps came rushing our way to help get the flaming roof off of me.

"Hey kid, I need you to stay awake until we can free you and get you to the hospital. Can you do that for me?" They asked me. I couldn't hear half of it since I kept on drifting in and out of consciousness.

Suddenly I saw my life flash before my eyes my past, my present, my future that could've been if I had managed to live. I saw a bright light come into my vision but that quickly faded into darkness.

——————————

Y/n's parents stood outside the house in a panic looking for their son that was nowhere to be seen. His mother kept going around asking witnesses if they've seen him. "Excuse me have you seen my son? He's about 5'7 with black hair with his tips dyed (h/c) and his left eye hazel and his other eye (e/c)... please tell me you've seen him." His mother pleaded as she asked a woman.