Can you keep a secret?

Nakano couldn't stop thinking about the pink-haired boy, wondering when she would see him again. The past few weeks have been busy for her, Shoko didn't waste any time to have her put her technique into practice.

"You've caught up so quickly, at this rate I'll have you handle the second year students," Shoko told her one afternoon. Nakano smiled, proud of the progress she was making as a new student. During her break, she sent Aki a selfie of her with her lab coat. "Ooowaaa, you look so hot, doctor!" Aki replied in all caps. Nakano missed her so much.

That same day, Nakano made her first friend at the school. A tall girl with short brown hair came in with tattered clothes and a fractured wrist. "Nakano-chan, can you take care of Nobara-san?" Shoko motioned to the brown haired girl.

"I'm tired of that Panda flinging me around, like I'm some sort of rag doll," Nobara complained to Nakano as she got to work on her wrist. Talking Nakano's ear off, she shared details of her life, how much she loved Tokyo, among other things. She explained how she and Megumi had been training nonstop with the second year students, giving them a run for their money. "I won't stop until I get stronger for this exchange event. But I'll definitely need to buy new clothes after this," Nobara noted, pointing at her tattered work out gear.

"I'm sure you'll be more than ready," Nakano replied encouragingly. "You're ruthless, not to mention a Leo," she joked at the brown haired sorcerer. Nobara blushed at the compliment, her face suddenly becoming serious—almost sad, deep in thought.

Nakano sensed the change in emotions. "Hey, want to share what's on your mind?" Nobara looked at her with teary eyes. "I'm sure we'd win the school exchange event by flying colors if that idiot were with us," she shared. Nakano remained silent, aware of who she was referring to, keeping her end of the agreement she made with Shoko. "Oh? I don't think I know who you mean." Nakano replied, trying her best to say very little.

"He was a student here, Yuji Itadori. A big bonehead with a big heart. He was also very strong. Saved my ass a couple of times too," Nobara shared, her eyes beginning to water.

She really cares about Yuji, she thought as she looked at Nobara. In her own way, Nobara expressed how much she missed her friend. That made Nakano think about how lonely Yuji must feel right now, having to keep himself a secret. What would I do if I were Yuji, seeing my friend sad like this? she asked herself.

"Can I give you a hug, Nobara?" Nakano asked sincerely. Surprised eyes widened by the question. She rotated her wrist and didn't say anything—Nobara was a proud person. Wanting to respect her boundaries, Nakano kept it moving. "Your wrist is good to go by the way." Nakano smiled. As she was about to turn to get some paperwork, Nobara grabbed her arm pulling her in a full embrace.

Nobara pulled away to wipe the tears in her eyes. "How come you never told me...your boobs were so huggable!" Nobara jokingly said. They both laughed.

"Can you go bra shopping with me one of these days?" Nobara asked. Nakano agreed to take Nobara shopping at her favorite places and would treat her to something sweet once she delivered a victory for Tokyo High. "It's a date!" Nobara hopped off the medical table, heading for the doorway.

"Thanks for listening," Nobara smiled at Nakano before she left. "And you better not tell anyone about me crying in here."

Nakano smiled, saluting the sorcerer as she made her way out.
———————-
Nakano was wrapping up for the day, filing the last of her paperwork when she heard Shoko and Gojo talking in the hallway.

"How's Yuji doing? Have the higher ups found out where you're hiding him?" Nakano heard Shoko ask. Pretending to look for something, she inched closer to the doorway. She hoped to get more details of where Yuji was staying. From where she was standing, she could see both of her teachers.