Not one the other

I turned back to the ocean as Dimitri walked away calling something out to Xander as he went.

"You have the sweetest hottest cousin ever" I jumped as Miranda interrupted my thoughts and hugged me from behind.

"So I take it you had a good time" I smiled pushing my worries and confused thoughts to the back of my mind

"We had a blast, we went shopping for your bir..." she stopped herself

"My What?"

"Birthday present" she moaned "I shouldn't have told you" she looked up and swatted me.

"Ow"

"Why didn't you tell me it was your birthday soon" she couldn't wipe the smile from her face

"I don't like a fuss being made" I shrugged; after my 17th birthday was forgotten by both of my parents as Mom was in Asia on a book tour and Dad was busy with football. "So what else did you guys get up to?"

"We had lunch and went to the park and walked and talked" she was swaying and grinning from ear to ear "and then he kissed me"

'Kissed you?" I chuckled

"Oh Yeah..." she sighed "nothing like the gum swapping you and Niko did" she teased "He held my face in his hands and moved in and his lips.. oh he has really soft lips" she murmured as her eyes glazed over

"Oh way to much information" I wrinkled my nose making her blush.

"Sorry... so what sort of day did you have?"

"Rough as hell" I said running my hand through my hair"

You want to talk about it?"

"No it's okay" I patted her arm "So what am I getting for my birthday?"

"You'll have to wait and see" she giggled "So what's happening with you and the two hot Russians we have in school?" I shot her the don't go there look. "Sorry... Come on" she linked my arm and we walked over to where Dimitri and Xander we piling the wood into the fire pit for later on.

"You're phones been ringing" Xander looked up at me

"Did you answer it?"

"No why would I?" he smiled shaking his head as I pulled it from my bag, Dimitri was watching me intently as it started to ring ion my hand.

"From one to the other" I muttered answering it

Me * do you really think we have anything to say to each other?Brittany * Chris don't be madMe * I trusted you with everything... we've been friends since 3rd gradeBrittany * he told me you were overMe * so you take the chance to jump right into bed with him without even thinking to ask me if it was trueBrittany * ChrisMe * you were the only one that knew what was happening and how scared I was and you still went and screwed himBrittany * he was upset... I was trying to comfort him and it got out of handMe * what you happened to comfort him naked and on your damn back... but you know what really hurts; is that you knew what I was trying to deal with and what he'd done and you still even gave him the time of day... you have no idea what being loyal is.Brittany * I know and I'm sorry... Emma and the others aren't talking to me and Kyle took a punch at Arron.Me * well I'd better call Kyle and thank him then hadn't I; and as for your sorry you can stick it where the damn sun don't shine.Brittany * I miss all of you guysMe * what do you want me to do? Call the others and tell them to be nice to you again?Brittany * would you?Me * like hell I will and this fall don't even think of going to the lake house. In fact you go give Emma the key you're not welcome there any more.Brittany * Chris pleaseMe * I'm telling you like I told Arron leave me the hell alone.