Fever

"Do not go in there!"

"Are you kidding me? These guys have hostages!" You snapped over your shoulder at Bucky who stood bracing himself against the wall in the dimly lit corridor of the abandoned factory.

"Yea, and if the intel was correct there are also a dozen hostiles that we aren't equipped to take out just the two of us!" He hissed in response.

"Come on Barnes, you can take out a dozen men with just the use of that metal arm! I'll I gotta do is just stand back and let you handle it. We need to help them before the jackasses do something drastic!"

"No. We need to wait for backup!" Bucky growled.

"God why are you like this?! EVERYTIME I try to take point on a mission, or make as strategic suggestion you shut me down!" You hissed, your fingers twitching as you held your gun to your side.

"Because I'm the lead—I have seniority— and DECADES more experience than you—so I'd appreciate it if you didn't argue with me for once!"

"God your such a dick!" You snapped.

"Nice. Very professional." Bucky muttered dryly and you resisted the urge to punch his stupid, gorgeous face. Maybe part of why you couldn't stand the man was that he was arrogant, bossy and—to top it all off—built like a Greek god, with a jawline that could cut glass and an ass you'd been tempted to bounce a quarter off of in the past. It seriously made it hard to be around him, half the time you wanted to strangle him the other half you were imagining jumping his bones and taking that Vibranium arm out for a test drive.

You chastised your inner fiend as you turned your attention back to the mission at hand, trying to ignore Bucky's close proximity. You could feel the heat from his Super Soldier Serum infused body against you, making you fidget nervously.

His quiet huffs of breath behind you were starting to grate your nerves as the two of you waited. The bodies of several guards lying in the hallway surrounded you. The smell of blood and gunpowder filled your nostrils and made you slightly queasy.

You wiped absentmindedly at a trail of blood that leaked down the side of your face from a stray punch you hadn't managed to dodge. Your head was pounding and every inch of your body was sore from fighting this deep into the building. You felt sweat beginning to trickle down the back of your neck and into your tacsuit.

You checked your ammunition, then counted the remaining grenades in your belt for something to do while the two of you stood in awkward silence. Stretching your neck it popped loudly eliciting a groan from you.

You felt Bucky shift slightly and you resisted the urge to glance his way.

Time seemed to be going at a snails pace and you kept on high alert, you were sure Bucky was doing the same from his spot, but were getting antsy waiting. The longer you waited the more chance there was for this to go south.

You considered your options, knowing Bucky was going to go mental when you decided enough was enough.

You pulled out one of the small explosive charges you had and knelt by the door. You placed it over the lock and quickly inputted the proper commands.

"What are you doing!?" Bucky hissed and you shot him a sarcastic grin.

"Opening the door, what does it look like?"

"I told you to wait!"

"Well I decided I'm done waiting." You chirped and stood, spinning on your heal and crouching behind some debris, "I suggest you back up if you don't wanna loose any of your hair Pretty Boy."