6. Chishiya x Sana

Type: Caring Chishiya + upset Sana; He and Momo get along to calm her down
sfw: yes
pronouns: she/ her, OC
TW: mentions of emotional familial abuse
AU: after the Borderlands; kind of like my own spin on the events!!
Words: 1.7k
———————

The one thing that could get on Chishiya's nerves fast enough turned out to be the cat.

As it so happens, it doesn't particularly like him. Chishiya would be fine with it - he doesn't particularly like it either - but the cat was just too annoying for him to let it go. Every time he'd sit down somewhere near where the cat happened to be sitting, the small creature would get up and walk away, causing Sana to 'tsk' after him and badger Chishiya about getting to know Momo. Sometimes it would hiss at him to get away, and on a few occasions the little demon even managed to scratch his arm, leaving thin white or pink lines on their surface. He can admit, he's been neutral towards it from the start, and he didn't make much of an effort. But was that really a reason to hate him as much as it did? He'd almost given up on trying to get on Momo's good side when that evening happened.

Chishiya sat in the living room, going over some paragraph about the functions of a heart, when the front door opened, revealing a soaked-up Sana. He glanced up from his book, taking in her appearance; from the wet hair and clothes, to the obvious tears still forming around her puffy eyes. It made him frown, and he immediately put his book down to focus on her. "Wh-"

"I met with my mother today." She said quietly, before he even had a chance of asking her anything. As she took off the wet coat and boots, Chishiya's face fell down in understanding. That explained a lot, actually. "Well, I ran into her."

As she finished taking off the wet clothes, Chishiya could see the cat standing in its usual greeting spot. Momo meowed for her attention, but Sana didn't seem to notice the cat, or she didn't have the energy for the usual routine. Instead, she took a shaky breath, wiping the tears away from her cheeks. "Can you believe the irony? I mean, I bet some philosophers would have a field day with this. If I was one, I'd write a text based on how ironic and symbolic this was."

Chishiya's head cocked slightly to the side as he contemplated Sana's bitter words. "What was?"

Sana sighed again, slumping back into the armchair. "It's been one year. Since the Borderlands. I've left the real Tokyo on this date. So how fitting I'd meet her today, the person who wanted me to stay there. And by the way, who calls their child a 'used-up merchandise' for surviving all that? It took a lot to survive just living with her, that's what really used me up."

He sucked in a small breath at that. He knew Sana's parents weren't very fond of her, but this seemed like something an enemy would say, not family. And yet, here they were. Sana was shaking in the leather armchair despite her mind's protests, and her eyes were constantly producing warm tears. She wrapped her hoodie tighter around herself, a gesture which she usually did when she was feeling anxious or scared. And Chishiya, he wouldn't really know what to do if he didn't know this girl so well. Without thinking too much, he walked towards her, placing a light kiss on her temple.

"You should go lay down. I'll make tea." He said.

Though his words were spoken casually and without much thought to them, they held tremendous value for the both of them. Just a few months ago, not only would he not make her tea when she got upset, but he'd probably exit the apartment so he wouldn't have to deal with it. Now, however, Sana simply accepted his words, throwing herself on the large bed without another thought.

Chishiya could still see the girl shaking, and he let out an internal sigh as he prepared the ingredients for the tea. What was he going to say? Were there really any right words for this? He doubted it. If he knew anything about her, it's that she was more like him than she'd care to admit - and if she was like him, well, personally he wouldn't want to spend the rest of the evening talking about it.